Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

No sound from Wave Music System.

Have old Wave Music System. Switch on but no sound from any source (Radio, CD or Aux). Have checked headphone input is clear and unplugged to try reset system but still no sound. Any ideas or is it just down to age.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: No sound from Wave Music System.

Hey @Geoffo67,

That's quite strange! I appreciate you trying some troubleshooting already - sorry that things haven't improved.

How long have you owned the system for and how long have you noticed this issue? It's quite strange that none of your sources are outputting audio. If a reset is not helping, there may be an underlying issue with the drivers inside the system. To fix this, I'd recommend contacting local support who will be able to discuss the service options available.

To do this, go to Global Contact Page > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

No sound from Wave Music System.

Greetings Folks,

My name is Briar and I purchased my AW II in 2005 or 6. We recently moved from Ca to Or and so my system was in storage for an extended period of time. Today we pulled out the system along with the 5 CD changer. T

The system powered up and started playing a CD but guess what, no sound.

Tried the radio and expected to get static at least. No sound.

Final test was to plug in some aux speakers I happened to have. CD now plays and sound comes out of Aux speakers.

Since the Bose speakers are the whole reason for having a Bose I have no idea how to proceed on fixing this problem. Or if it is fixable or cost effective.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

BC 

Highlighted

Hi BC,

Welcome! Thanks for joining us in the community!

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your speaker since getting it out of storage. Have you done the troubleshooting mentioned by @Geoffo67 above? Resetting the system and checking the headphone input is clear are both useful troubleshooting steps for this so I would recommend doing them if you haven't.

To rest the system what you would need to do is:

• Turn the system off.
  • Unplug the AWMSII power cord from the power outlet. Wait one minute.
  • Reconnect the power cord.
  • "PLEASE WAIT" is displayed. When that message disappears, turn the system on by using the FM or AM source button. (Your system may produce a small 'pop' if powered on to CD source after a reset.)

If you are still not getting any audio after doing this, then I would also recommend reaching out to your local support team at the link provided by @Sam_F to look into getting it booked in for a repair.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

new out of box purchased 12/2018, no sound. Returned to Bose for updated latest hardware/software, now today 7/18/20, same thing! Now, have to pay over $100 to send back for another repair. Is it really worth it??