Highlighted
Scott2742
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Not Playable Message

I have not used my SoundWave CD player for more than a year. I just tried playing a few CDs, both new and old, but keep getting a "Not Playable" message. There are no batteries to this unit, and I unplugged the device and then plugged it back in, but to no avail. Any suggestions? Could it just be dirty inside, or is it an electronics error? Thanks!

Scott

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Not Playable Message

Hello Scott2742,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Wave system. I would be more than happy to help you out with this, could you please tell me what system and series you have so I can give you accurate information. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Scott2742
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Hi Zoe,

It's a SoundWave System III. Thanks!

Scott

Hello Scott,

Thanks for getting back to me! Okay great, so I would recommend trying a product reset and I am also curious to know if you have been able to play these specific CD's before? If not I would like you to test a CD that you have been able to play before to make sure it is not a compatibility issue.

When the WMS is by itself, follow these steps:

1. If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the WMS. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
  6. Retest the system

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Scott2742
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Nothing has worked. Now the CD self ejects!

Scott

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your update regarding this. I am so sorry that this issue persists. 

The system may be picking up interference from devices connected to the same power circuit, or from devices within a few feet of it. To eliminate sources of interference, follow these steps:

- Determine which of the following devices are either within three feet of the system, or are connected to the same power circuit as the system:

• charger for a cell phone, laptop or tablet (whether the device is connected for charging or not)
  • television
  • cable or satellite box
  • dimmer switch
  • fluorescent/energy-saving lights
  • blinking seasonal lights
  • microwave or other appliance
  • router

- Unplug any devices on the same power circuit, or near the system to eliminate them as possible sources of interference

- For devices that cannot be unplugged, connect the Bose power cord to a different outlet; one that is not connected to the same circuit as the devices listed

- Once the source (or sources) of interference have been identified, it may be possible for the system to be connected to the same power circuit, though it would need to be kept at least three feet away from the other devices and their power cords

If this shows no sign of improvements, I would recommend that you contact your regions Bose product support team where an agent will do what they can in order to get your Wave System running smoothly once again.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent there will happily assist you with this matter further.

Kind regards,

Tegan M