Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonyarenee
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2020

Re: Not Playable Message

My Bose is doing the same thing.    I haven’t played CDs in over a year but now every CD is not playable.   This is so frustrating!! 

greatxiao
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2020

My Bose did so too, and following the instructions you metioned didn't work either. 

So I tried to uncover the machine, then I found that the CD driver didn't work at all !!! It just can only eject/reload disks. 

The structure inside the machine is really simple. So I disconnected the power cord, loosed the screws, unpluged the row cables, re-pluged them, and connected the power cord again. Bingo! It works again!

By the way, after opening the machine's cover, please be careful, the horns and the row cables are very easily damaged.

Good luck!

Gman11834
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Well mine has just started this problem also......very disappointed 

chrisy
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

My Wave IV just started doing this as well saying every disk is "Not Playable."  I have always loved my Bose and I am so sad.  I saved up a long time to get this and now I can't listen to any Christmas music this season.  I can't even say how disappointed I am.  

Richard G
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2020

I had the same issue .... all CD's rejected as "not playable" after about six months of the player not being used. Looks like BOSE have a systemic problem with this product. CD's play fine on my other CD player. This should not happen with this expensive equipment. 

SHR7
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

Mine did the same and its a 2014 Wave III, hardly ever used but when we do we love it. After doing an online chat about the issue.  Trying all the resets, unplugs, software updates and checking for interference ( yes even that phone charger plugged in nearby), no luck. I then called back to schedule a repair. They were extremly helpful and emailed a UPS label to ship back for repairs. Hoping it can be repaired as I think Bose is trying to resolve this CD issue as we are seeing here its a common problem.

M. M.
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2021

Same problem with my Wave CD player! I get the "disc not playable" error message. It started at Thanksgiving 2020, and at first I thought it was just me with the faulty machine, even though I've taken the best care of it. I was disappointed enough, considering I paid a whopping $531. But then I came here, and now see that lots of people are having this issue. So, this is a systemic issue that Bose has with its Wave systems. Bose needs a systemic solution, too. Unfortunately, Bose isn't taking responsibility. The response I got when I called was that my player was out of its 1-year warranty, and that, therefore, I am out of luck -- but for the discounted price of $83, they would be happy to have me pack and ship my system back for them to fix the problem. Bose's escalation team says the fact that others are having this same issue has "no influence at all on your case." But the problem is all over the internet. In addition to right here (and, additionally, five times on Bose's website in reviews for the most recent version of the product), Bose owners are reporting it on Amazon, tech websites, reddit, just answer, fixya. Sounds like a case for the FTC to me: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/form/main. If you live in MA, where Bose Corporation is registered, please also consider filing a complaint with the Consumer Protection Bureau of the AG's office: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/file-a-consumer-complaint. I'm doing both. I've owned several top quality music systems over the years. Bose's Wave, however, was the most expensive but lasted the shortest. I'll never buy Bose again, both for the quality of its products as well as its customer service.