82Helen
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2020

Old wave system compatible with SoundTouch Pedestal

I ve had my wave system about 10 years would it be compatible with the sound touch pedestal or would I need to buy the new wave as well. 

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Re: Old wave system compatible with SoundTouch Pedestal

Hi 82Helen,

Thanks for reaching out, regrettably the SoundTouch Pedestal is not available as a separate purchase to connect to your Wave. You do need to purchase these in a compatible bundle in order to function. Our current available option for this is the Wave SoundTouch Music System IV. 

If you have any further questions do let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
JHoll
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Hi, I see the Soundwave Pedestal is now available to buy as a separate item on the Bose website - will it function with older Soundwave devices so long as they have a functioning Baseline connector? (My Soundwave is approx. 23 years old).

laura.embleton@talktalk.net
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Hello. Thank you for posting this topic. I also own an older Wave music system and I thought the Soundtouch Pedestal would work with this as it comes with a BoseLink cable. I will continue to use my iphone dock for internet radio instead.

paulhinks@brandcentraluk.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2021

Hi as it is now Feb 2021 - can you confirm if an old Wave (top loading CD) is compatible with the Sound Touch pedestal please ... I can't see why not apart from the connectors ?

I want to purchase a new pedestal by the way

Thanks

Paul

Sam_F

Hi all,

Thank you for your questions - I'd be happy to clear things up.

You will not able to purchase a SoundTouch pedestal and connect this to be used with the older Wave systems, but we do offer an alternative. In order to bring the SoundTouch app and WiFi services to your Wave system, we have the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter which can be easily connected through the AUX port. Visit the Bose website HERE to read more about the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter.

If you have any further queries please let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DP02
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Hello,

I’m wondering though, why wouldn’t the SoundTouch pedestal work as it does have the BoseLink which currently works with my DAB radio module for my Wave?  Has any one tried it?

the other option of an adapter through the Aux port doesn’t seem to be an option in the Uk as it isn’t available to buy.