T Moore
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Pairing Iphone to Wave ll

I’m trying to pair iPhone 7 plus to Bose Wave utilizing Bluetooth with RCA cable and separately 

¼ TS to ¼ TS cables in the AUX input and it wont pair.  I can only hear my selected music on my iPhone 7plus and not the Wave. I’m using the Soundtouch Wireless link.

When I try to pair, where it says "other devices" on the Iphone 7 Plus, it shows a grey spending circle only.

I tried turning off computer and turning it back on.

Turned off the modem and turning it back on.

Reset the modem.  

Turned the Soundtouch wireless link off and turning it back on.

Checking the wiring on the on the back of the Wave ll to make sure they are not loose.

Have "aux" showing on the display on my Wave.

Have the most recent ISO on my Iphone.

Got to the page on the Iphone that shows the Bose speakers and did not see mine.

Went to the page that allows you to add speakers and it would not let me add my Wave ll model AWR1B2 radio on my Iphone.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue so I can pair my Iphone 7 plus to my Bose Wave ll AWR1B2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pairing Iphone to Wave ll

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hello T Moore,

Thanks for confirming this! 

It seems that you are getting confused between Bluetooth and the SoundTouch Wi-Fi technology. 

If you just want to use Bluetooth, simply press and hold the Bluetooth button (on the top of the adapter) for approximately 2 seconds to make the adapter discoverable. The Bluetooth indicator will slowly flash blue. Now on your iPhone, search for the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter under your Bluetooth settings. If a password is requested, enter "0000". Now your phone should play through your Wave system when the adapter is connected via AUX. 

If you are interested in using the SoundTouch technology, you can find some great information on how to do this here: Setting up a system on your SoundTouch account.

Let me know if you have any problems or if there is anything else I can help with.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

4 REPLIES 4

Hello T Moore, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

Could you please confirm the setup you are wishing to achieve as it is a little confusing from the description?

Are you wish to connect to the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter via Bluetooth on your iPhone 7 Plus, or through Wi-Fi to the SoundTouch application?

You will not be detecting the Wave Radio, but instead, just the SWLA which will feed the audio through to the Wave via the AUX. 

I look forward to hearing back from you to move forward and help you complete your setup.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

T Moore
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

I'm trying to pair my iphone 7 plus with Wave ll so I can play my selected iTune music from my iphone from one side of the room to the other side. I want to use bluetooth connection if that is the best way to do what i am trying to do.

Please look at the video at the link to give you an idea of what I am trying to do. Look at the video from where it starts until 4:21 https://youtu.be/d2d37-gBo2Q?t=141. I watched the video several times and got confused.

Learn how to set up the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link Adaptor.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hello T Moore,

Thanks for confirming this! 

It seems that you are getting confused between Bluetooth and the SoundTouch Wi-Fi technology. 

If you just want to use Bluetooth, simply press and hold the Bluetooth button (on the top of the adapter) for approximately 2 seconds to make the adapter discoverable. The Bluetooth indicator will slowly flash blue. Now on your iPhone, search for the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter under your Bluetooth settings. If a password is requested, enter "0000". Now your phone should play through your Wave system when the adapter is connected via AUX. 

If you are interested in using the SoundTouch technology, you can find some great information on how to do this here: Setting up a system on your SoundTouch account.

Let me know if you have any problems or if there is anything else I can help with.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Highlighted
T Moore
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Your answer worked. Thanks for the help Charlotte G