Highlighted
mcleveland1234
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Parts and Repair in AW-1 Acoustic Wave System with Cassette Player

I have the original Acoustic Wave System with Cassette Player.  Everything works except my player.  When you start it, it immediately clicks off.  I was told you cannot get parts or even have any repairs done to this system.  Can anyone help me?  I am original owner of the system...bought in '85.

Thanks!

Mara

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Parts and Repair in AW-1 Acoustic Wave System with Cassette Player

Hello Mara, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you're currently unable to plat cassettes on your Acoustic Wave System. I'd love to offer some troubleshooting for this issue. 

I would firstly recommend that you attempt using multiple tapes with your system, does this issue occur with all your cassettes?

Following this I would also suggest try using a cassette player head cleaner. Sometimes a dirty tape head can cause playback problems.

Please get back to us with any results you find with this troubleshooting. 

Has anyone else in the community also come across this issue? If so, please get involved. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

mcleveland1234
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Hello Tegan,

Thank you for your quick response/reply!  As of this past weekend,  I have another issue.  I was listening to my Bose AW radio yesterday when it totally stopped working.  I guess my question now is in regards to whether there is a place that can work on these and can parts be found.  Will it be worth my keeping the unit?  

Thanks for your help!

Mara

Hi Mara,

Thanks for getting back to us! I'm sorry to hear about this added issue you have recently experienced. 

When you say that the radio stopped working, could you please elaborate on what happens? Does the system turn off? Does it just stop playing sound? 

It is possible that you may be able to find a 3rd-party service supplier, however, we would not be able to make any direct recommendations. I'd be happy to look at some possible troubleshooting steps with you beforehand. Also, were you able to test the suggestions made by @Tegan_M above?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

mcleveland1234
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Hello Charlotte,

Thank you for the instant reply...I was very pleased!   I had not gotten to try out the suggestion Tegan had made since I only got his reply this morning and my unit totally stopped working yesterday.  There is no power to it now.  It doesn't come on at all.  

Mara

Hi Mara,

No problem! Ok, let's try some things to get some power back into the unit. Could you please begin by resetting the Acoustic Wave AW-1. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 1 minute
  2. Reconnect the power cord
  3. Retest the system

Also, please test and alternative power outlet!

Let me know how you get on with these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

mcleveland1234
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Hi Charlotte,  

I will try that suggestion sometime this afternoon when I can.  I will get  back to you then.

Thank you,  Mara