Highlighted
madishetti.srinivas
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Regarding WiFI issues on Wave SOund Touch iV

I recetly baught Bose Home Speaker 500 to git to my brother - He is happy with the sound quality.

I am planning to buy Wave Sound Touch System IV - Read couple of reviews regarding WiFi disconnecting issues. 

Is it wise to go for another Home Speaker 500 or Wave Music system? I very much impressed with the look and feel of the Wave system

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Regarding WiFI issues on Wave SOund Touch iV

Hello madishetti.srinivas, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I personally wouldn't worry about reviews regarding disconnection issues, this is not something that regularly comes up, and WiFi issues can generally be put down to external factors in many cases. What I would mention, however, is that The Wave SoundTouch System IV is a part of our SoundTouch family, whereas the Home Speaker 500 is part of our new Smart Speaker family. The two systems use different applications and are not compatible with one another, therefore, if your intentions are to stream audio to both speakers in the form of a group, this will not be possible.

So to summerize; if you are intending on using group playback with your brother's speaker, then 100% go for the Home Speaker 500. That speaker sounds incredible and has a fantastic stereo field in an incredibly sleek footprint. If you have no intention of using group playback, and CDs are a key factor, then the Wave SoundTouch IV is a fantastic system to go for. 

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to get back in touch! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

madishetti.srinivas
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Re: Regarding WiFI issues on Wave SOund Touch iV

Thanks for nice information, Jeff. 

Keeping the cost factor aside - which one produce sound better?