Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2020

SETTINGS DISAPPEAR OVER NIGHT

First the good News!  The WAVE Soundtouch plays perfectly ... CD, AM, FM all play good..... but the AUX settings (SIX Presets - I do have Sirius/XM subscription)... I set my 6 Channels and they work great! .... until the following morning... then all my presets are gone... It's a pain in the tukus to get out the Tablet and reprogram the system.... but I must, and when I'm finished all plays great again... until tomorrow morning when I am greeted with the message "Ready To Parse - system not available"  My 6 presets are gone again.... I'm thinking this should be fixed by a software upgrade.... I notice this a lot after playing CD's... the next day my 6 presets are gone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Re: SETTINGS DISAPPEAR OVER NIGHT

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bob Moser

Hi Keith,  wouldn't you know it, but for the past week everything works fine... but I like your suggestions.  Next failure I will check the white WIFI Light and try unplugging for a few seconds.  I'll reply again if something new happens.... thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Additional Info - when using tablet to reprogram, trouble spot seems to be Searching for the Speaker... after entering my WIFI info & Password the Bose once again begins playing my 6 presets (AUX)... but I know it will all disappear by tomorrow.

Highlighted

Hi Bob,

This is an odd one, you certainly should not have to reprogram your presets every day when going to use them, so it is weird that you seem to have to!

When you go through and reprogram using your tablet and reconnect to the Wi-Fi, do you then also have to reset the preset buttons, or do they start working as soon as you are back online?

Also, when you are unable to play the presets, what is the LED Wi-Fi indicator on the back of your Wave system doing? If it is still connected to your network it will show a solid white light.

What the best next steps will be will largely depend on what that LED is doing for you. It will let us know some key information about what your system is doing.

One thing that would be worth trying next time this happens, rather than re-entering the Wi-Fi information through your tablet, try power cycling the Wave. Disconnect it from power for 30 seconds, before plugging it back in and letting it boot back up. See if the preset stations start working after that!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bob Moser

Hi Keith,  wouldn't you know it, but for the past week everything works fine... but I like your suggestions.  Next failure I will check the white WIFI Light and try unplugging for a few seconds.  I'll reply again if something new happens.... thank you.

View solution in original post