Scharfenberg
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2019

Shoud I buy a Bose Wave Radio SoundTouch to stream Sirius XM using a Preset due to problems reported

I would like to purchase a speaker system that allows me to stream Sirius XM Radio in my home.  I would like to purchase a Bose Wave IV SoundTouch and 3-4 SoundTouch speakers to out in various rooms...  

I have spent quite a bit of  time reading this forum and it appears that a lot of people have had various issues with getting Sirius XM to play using a preset .  Has this issue been addressed by BOSE?  Is there a fix? Any feedback would be appreciated - -  I really love BOSE products (I have a few older products ) but dont want to spend $1k to stream serius and have the same issues that has been mentioned on this site .  .  Thanks 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Shoud I buy a Bose Wave Radio SoundTouch to stream Sirius XM using a Preset due to problems r...

Hello Scharfenberg, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so happy to hear that you are looking to expand your Bose product range. Our SoundTouch range now supports Sirius XM. Once you have purchased the speakers you can add a Sirius XM account to your SoundStouch app. Please note that Sirius offers packages for Satellite and/or Internet service. An account that does not have Internet service (i.e. a satellite package purchased for use in-car), will need to purchase an Internet streaming subscription or add-on from Sirius before Sirius is available via Internet / SoundTouch.

To add Sirius XM to your account:

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left
  2. Choose "Add Service"
  3. Choose "SiriusXM":
  4. Log in using your Sirius XM account or create one if needed.
  5. SiriusXM can now be accessed by choosing Menu -> SiriusXM.

I hope this information helps you to make your decision. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

larryknight2315@comcast.net
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Re: Shoud I buy a Bose Wave Radio SoundTouch to stream Sirius XM using a Preset due to problems r...

I just purchase a Bose Wave IV radio.  Is it possilble stream SiriusXM on my Bose Wave IV, or is it only possilble with a Bose Wave IV SoundTouch radio?  If so, what would I purchase from Bose to acomplish this.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Community Manager

Hey Larryknight2315,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community forums.

The Wave Music System IV does not support Bluetooth nor Wi-Fi connections, meaning you're unable to directly play SiriusXM through the speaker. It does, however, have an auxiliary input port on the back, meaning if you use SiriusXM on your mobile phone, tablet or computer, you can connect the two devices together to play your SiriusXM audio through the Wave Music System IV.

The SoundTouch Wave Music System IV has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built-in, meaning you can wirelessly play SiriusXM audio to the speaker, either via a Bluetooth connection or alternatively by using the SoundTouch application. More information on the setup of SiriusXM within the SoundTouch application can be found HERE.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Kindest,

Andy B

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Could he attach a bluetooth receiver to the aux input and cast Sirius from his phone instead of plugging the phone into the aux?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bluetooth+receiver&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Hi jimgfitz, 

As we do not manufacture such products, we cannot make any recommendations regarding this. 

You are more than welcome to make your own recommendations as the Bose Community is all about helping each other out to experience the best listening experience for all.

Thanks again for your input.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Thanks.  I feel confident that would work.  It would be almost the same as what Andy suggested as to plugging a phone into the aux input.  You also don't manufacture mobile phones, tablest, or computers, but that was the Bose suggestion.

DickMalon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

I am currently having a problem streaming Siruis/XM.  Started a few days ago.  I can use a preset, it will play for a few minutes, then cutout and tell me the service is not available.  I tried unplugging the radio and let it reset. No luck.  I tried deleting the account and re-installing.  No luck.  This is not the firs time this has happened but it has been quite a while since the last time.  Are you guys messing with us or something?

Hi DickMalon, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that this issue has returned for you and would love to assist you with this. 

So that I can assist you further and more accurately can you please answer the following: 

• What SoundTouch system do you have? 
  • Are you able to stream this station online via Sirius XM? 
  • Are you able to play the station when it is not set as a preset? 
  • What is the station that you are attempting to play? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and would love to hear from other community users that have had/resolved this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B