Highlighted
DavidDamy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to SoundTouch account.

Hello. Ive conect my system throw wi-fi, to ethernet, usb. 

All works, says the system is conected to the wi-fi. 

Ive tried on laptop and on androind S8.

Ive went in the rooter settings, checked to be 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. Both. I do not have no firewall.

Ive tried and made 3 acounts , ive conected after all this at wifi hotspot made by phone, to be a diferent network.

And always i get the message "Cant' conect. Something happened and we couldnt add the speaker to you account. Please try again later"

But the system is found, i go to configure, write name, and at the end i get the message above.

I did all that said here on the forum. Nothing works. 

Pleasee help

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to SoundTouch account.

Hi DavidDamy, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having this experience and would love to help resolve this for you. 

So that I can get a better understanding of your issue can you please confirm the following: 

• What SoundTouch system do you have? 
  • How are you connecting to the speaker as above you stated you connect via all methods? 
  • Have you been able to connect this speaker to the network before?

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

DavidDamy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hello.

I have tried to conect to the speaker all 3 ways: wi-fi, ethernet, usb cable.

The system is Bose Wave System III.

The system wasnt conectrd before.

I have tried to update the system yestarday, like i was adviced on email by bose tehnician.

First i tried on usb conection at the laptop, the update started and stoped at 20% . Then i have tried to externel usb storage, dosent start at all.

DavidDamy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Close to the system i have a Bose Sound Dock

Maybe its interferring with the waves from the Wave System?

Hello David, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

From your description, it sounds like your Wave SoundTouch Music System is probably running a much older firmware than the SoundTouch app can handle, so updating the firmware is the key thing you should do first. 

This link* has instructions regarding performing a USB update. Please try this to get the speaker onto the latest firmware, then attempt setup once again. 

*Be aware there are two updating methods listed on the link, please use the Updating with a USB thumb drive (alternate method) in this instance. 

Please let me know how you get on, and if anyone else has a similar issue, please feel free to try the same. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

DavidDamy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hello Jeff!

I have tried to update. 

First i used the cable to conect the system to my laptop. The update started, installation stoped at 20% .

Then i have tried and usb thumb drive.

The usb thumb drive starts gettin englithen, that means the system sees him. But unfortunally dosent start no updating. 

So what should i do next? I will try more . But i did so far 10-15 times an no luck.

Thank you for getting back at me.

Hello David,

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for attempting the update. 

As per my previous instructions, please try updating with a USB thumb drive, not the first initial steps. 

It should be noted that when you download the update.stu file, if you download it multiple times, there may be a (1), (2) etc, attached to the end of the file name, and this can impact the update. 

Before updating, please ensure the USB memory stick has been fully formatted, and that the file contains no extra characters, just "Update.stu"

If the system is running an incredibly old version of the firmware, it may take several hours to fully update as each version is installed sequentially, so when you start, please just leave it for a day or two just to allow all updates to fully install. 

Kindest, 

Jeff G 

DavidDamy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

When it starts the update it says something on the screen? Like installation? Or updating? 

When i tried it said only please wait and after nothing.

Thank you for answering

DavidDamy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

I did as y suggested. 

The usb drive strarts blinking, means the system sees it. 

But the screen just said please wait, and after shows only the normal screen ( no update or installation) 

Hi there @DavidDamy ,

Thank you for following up with us.

As it sounds like your system is not receiving this update correctly, I would be advising that you reach out to support in your region directly for further assistance.

This can be done by clicking HERE, selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Please return to us with any further questions or updates!

Liam W