kr1sA
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

SoundTouch App Looses Connection to Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name: Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV

Firmware Version: Unknown

App Version: 26.0.5

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: iPhone 11 iOS 14.4

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: The SoundTouch app will not stay connected to the Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV and I have to try to reconnect it daily. Most days it cannot find the speaker nor is the Bose network in the WiFi list. The music system is connected to WiFi and is playing music from Amazon Music and I Heart Radio. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? N/A

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? I have had this problem since the first day of using the SoundTouch App

Any troubleshooting steps you took: I have followed all of the suggestions for restarting the app, logging out and into my account, reinstalling the app, resetting the pedestal. Nothing keeps the app from disconnecting after a few hours. And even some of the reset instructions don't help me find the Bose network in WiFi settings.  

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: SoundTouch App Looses Connection to Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV

Hey kr1sA, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and will do all I can to assist you! 

Can you tell me if you have any boosters or extenders in your listening space? 

Have you tried a different source device?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kr1sA
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

My home isn't large enough to need a wifi booster. The SoundTouch Wave device is less than 20 feet unobstructed from the wireless router.  As I mentioned, there is no issue with the SoundTouch Wave device as I am currently listening to Amazon Music through the music system using the remote. 

There seems to be no issue with the sound device but rather the SoundTouch app. 

Also not sure what you mean by trying a different source device. If that is important, please expand on the question explaining what other source device I would likely try to use with the SoundTouch app. 

Jeff_G

Hi kr1sA, 

I noticed you're using the app on an iPhone. Can you please try to change the following setting for me? 

Open Settings > Cellular (Mobile) Data > Locate and disable "WiFI Assist". This option will be found at the bottom of the list under your apps. 

WiFi assist is an option on your smartphone that lets the phone automatically jump between your WiFi network and your phone's cellular data to provide a more stable connection. In some instances, if your phone jumps to cellular data with WiFi assist, your phone will have a broken chain that is no longer linking to the speaker which is exclusively on the WiFi network. Disabling the setting keeps you on your WiFi network while you're home and should resolve any issues where the speaker doesn't show in the app.

Once you have done this, please restart the phone, then open the SoundTouch app.

Please let me know if this makes a difference!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
kr1sA
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

I tried this and the app still can't find my SoundTouch even though it is clearly connected to wifi and playing music from Amazon. 

Jessie_O

Hey kr1sA, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

Do you have a dual-band network? we can sometimes see this happen if the source device is connected to one band and the speaker on the other. Could you check this?

I look forward to hearing from you!