SoundTouch app keeps loosing contact.

Quiet Contributor

SoundTouch app keeps loosing contact.

I have a Bose wave system and a SoundTouch 10 speaker. Both of these systems do not appear in the app when I open the app and I have to wait up to 5 minutes for them to appear. They also stop working with the app even though I have started to play something through the app. This has only started to happen after recent app updates on iOS. Will there be a solution soon?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: SoundTouch app keeps loosing contact.

Hi Shuffer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Firstly I would recommend ensuring that the speakers are running the most recent software via this l... 

I would also recommend deleting and reinstalling the app to see if the resolves the connection issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

SoundTouch 10 and the Wave are using 20.0.10 and the Wave system is connected via Ethernet.
I have deleted the app and reinstalled but I am still experiencing the same issues.
It is only recently that I have started experiencing this issue. The app is installed on iOS 12.2

Hi Shuffer, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this Shuffer. Can you please confirm what internet router you have? If its 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 

I would also recommend ensuring that you don't have Wi-Fi assist enabled in device settings. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Quiet Contributor

My router is dual channel with both 2.4 and 5 ghz. The Wave system is connected via Ethernet and the SoundTouch 10 is on the 5ghz channel. I don’t know where Wi-fi assist can be found in the app.
Highlighted

Hello Shuffer,

Thanks for the information provided.

Do you experience the same issue when connected wirelessly? if you have not yet tried it could you please do this.

The Wifi Assist can be located in the Cellular data area on your mobile device. 

If you are an apple user, by clicking here you would locate Wifi Assist and by clicking here you would find wifi assist on android devices. 

Kindest regards,

Prince O