Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Soundtouch

I have a Wave iii and am thinking of purchasing a soundtouch pedestal.  Will the current pedestal work with my wave iii as all literature points to a wave iv to connect.  Also any idea if I will need a firmware update prior to connecting? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch

Hi Sanders-t, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

Regarding our query, the SoundTouch pedestal can only be connected to our Wave Music System IV. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Thank you for your reply.  Is there another accessory that can be used on the Wave iii to steam via wifi and listen to music via bluetooth? 

Cheers

Highlighted
Community Manager

Great question. You may be interested in the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter. This can connect to your Wave III via the "line in" port on the back of your speaker, and has all of the functionality and abilities of the SoundTouch Pedestal, including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and even AirPlay 2 support with a recent firmware update.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.