Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Soundwave III Different Remote Question

I have a Sound Wave III with one large remote on a stand and two small remotes. Not sure of the units age, I got it from my mother. The large remote has all functions working, neither small remotes works. Batteries are new and correctly installed. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Soundwave III Different Remote Question

Hi tomroe4,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

So I can provide you with the most accurate information on this, can you please confirm which model of the Wave you have by using our Product Identifier? It would be really helpful to know the exact model of your speaker!

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Keith_L - Thanks for the reply.

Large Remote - RRS4004-1861 E D

SMK 3 254

Small Remotes - All it says is "Wave Music Systems"

Unit - Sound Wave III - S/N [Edited by Moderator]

S/N shows as:

Wave® music system III

Tom

Highlighted

No worries, Tom. Thank you for providing that information!

The numbers from the remotes aren't finding anything, but with your Wave being the Wave Music System III the remotes should look like the ones below. Is this correct?

Wave remote L.jpgWave remote s.png

It's strange that both of the smaller remotes are unable to control the system, but as the larger one is able to it does appear that the problem is with the smaller remotes. What you will want to do next is check that the smaller remotes are sending a signal to the Wave. You can do this using the front-facing camera on a smartphone or tablet, by following these steps:

• Turn on the front-facing camera on your cellphone or tablet.
  • Point the end of the remote control with the IR emitter to the camera.
  • Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote control.
  • Look at the screen of the mobile device.
    • If the remote control sends a signal, you should see a light in the cellphone screen when you press buttons on the remote control.

If you don't see any light then it would mean that the smaller remotes are not working correctly, and would need to be replaced.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Yes sir, that did it. The large remote sends a good signal but the two small remotes do not. As long as the large one works, I am good to go. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some secret switch somewhere. Thanks for he help, I appreciate it.