Highlighted
tkbowman45
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

Spotify Not Working with SoundTouch app

I’ve been using Spotify on my Wave SoundTouch IV system for the past year using an iPad Pro as my driver. A few days ago Spotify stopped working — both through the SoundTouch app and connecting to the speakers using Spotify Connect directly through Spotify.

The Bose appears on the connection list and appears to connect but no sound comes out of the speakers.

Connection with Spotify through Bluetooth DOES work but this isn’t ideal as all other iPad sounds come through the speaker as well.

Any ideas? I’ve tried all the usual options like rebooting router, reconnecting to WiFi, redownloading apps, signing out and and back in to Spotify, etc.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Spotify Not Working with SoundTouch app

Hello tkbowman45, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I'm sorry to hear that Spotify no longer appears to be working within the SoundTouch app. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

I would firstly recommend that you perform a reset of your product. 

To reset the SoundTouch pedestal:

Note: Your SoundTouch settings are not lost during a reset.

• On the back of the SoundTouch pedestal, press and hold the Control button for about 10 seconds until the Wi-Fi light turns off
  • Wait while the pedestal reboots and reconnects to your network. Once reconnected, the light is solid white.

To reset your speaker:

• Disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds. If there is a disc in the system, it will automatically eject, then re-insert if not removed within 10 seconds.

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support