Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Re: Spotify problems

Spotify has suddenly stopped working from my Soundtouch app. I can still play it through my Bose via Bluetooth and the Spotify app. but not through the soundtouch app which links all my speakers. I did delete Spotify from my list and then reinstalled but no luck. It was working beautifully a few days ago. Any ideas?

Highlighted

Hi RPJ,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to play Spotify to your SoundTouch speakers and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already, deleting and re-adding Spotify on the SoundTouch account is a useful step to try for this.

When you are trying to play Spotify from the SoundTouch app what happens exactly? Are you unable to access the Spotify library at all, or does it just not play the music you choose?

Also, do we get any error codes when we try and use Spotify?

I would recommend we start by rebooting your speakers and your router. To do this, we would want to disconnect them from the power for 30 seconds, then reconnect them and test again once everything has fully booted up and reconnected to the network.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Thank you for your quick reply Keith.  I rebooted the speakers as you suggested and it worked! Thank you!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Hi Keith,

I'm facing the same issue as RPJ. 

Tried everything so far, rebooted speakers, reinstalled the app, deleted then rerecorded my Spotify account on the app, to no avail...

I can access the Spotify library through the app, but when I try to play any song, it just won't play.

Please help if you can.

Highlighted

Hi Corentin,

Just to help me troubleshoot this with you, what speakers do you have? I take it from what you said that you are unable to use Spotify with any of your speakers?

Also, when you try and play a song from Spotify, does the app give you an error message/code? It would be useful to know what the app shows at this point, as each message can give us a bit more information on why Spotify is not playing.

You have done a lot of great troubleshooting already for this, all of those steps are really useful to do for this. The next thing I would suggest we do is to reboot your router. You would do this the same way you would with your speaker, by disconnecting it from power for 30 seconds - 1 minute, then plug it back and let it power back on.

Something else that would be worth trying as well, is trying to force an update to your speakers. If you let me know which speakers you have, I'll provide the instructions for this if you need it.

Let me know how you get on.

Keith L

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Hi,

I can't connect to Spotify with my Bose Music app, I have a Bose 500 Home speaker. 

It shows me the Spotify library from the appl, but it won't play anything. I already tried to uninstall and install again but it didn't work.

I don't have an Spotify Premium account but this didn't seem to be a problem when I started using the app a few weeks ago. It worked just fine. 

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Marcela33, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having using Spotify in the application. 

I would recommend removing the Spotify music service and re-adding it. You can do this in the settings menu under the title 'Music Services'. 

Let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

I have the same problem, my spotify keeps skipping songs without playing anything. I've checked my network and reinstall the app. But nothing works. Then I found the TunesKit Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify songs, now I get to listen to them offline. No pause and skips anymore.