Trying to connect the Wave music system IV with echo input to TV

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Trying to connect the Wave music system IV with echo input to TV

I am trying to connect my Wave MS w/ echo input to our Samsung 4K TV. Since the TV only has an optic digital audio output, I tried via bluetooth, could not get any volume. Then bought a optic to analog converter using the rca/3.5mm jack cord to the speaker bypassing the echo, but the tv could not "detect a speaker". Any suggestions would really help. would wireless using echo be an option?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Trying to connect the Wave music system IV with echo input to TV

Hi Pman5412, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

If you have a headphone jack on your TV you could connect an Auxiliary cable from the TV to the Wave. Then pop the Wave into 'AUX' source and you should be able to get audio through the Wave from you TV. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Unfortunately, the TV only offers bluetooth, wireless, and optic(digital) with headphone Jack. I tried the bluetooth through the Alexa input with no success as well(might be me, don't know).

I see.

You can use the Optical Connection. There is an optical in the back of the soundbar which should connect to the optical input on your TV. 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Quiet Contributor

If it were the soundbar and not the music system IV i'm sure you'd be right. Unfortunately, its not. This speaker's only jacks are the antenna, headphone, power, and Boselink (9pin). this is the speaker I have ...BOSE.png

Hi Pman5412, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I apologize for the miscommunication from Jessie above, the reason she may have been a little confused about this is because the Wave Music System IV isn't intended to be used as a TV speaker. 

If the system is unable to detect the TV then the systems may not be compatible. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

starting to realize this, lol. I still have time to return this model and trade up. opinions then for a sound bar ... is there a big diiference between the Solo 5 or the sound bar 500? 

Hi @pman5412,

The Solo 5 Soundbar is a smaller Soundbar, supports Bluetooth, and supports an AUX, Optical, or Coaxial audio input cable from a TV. This system comes with a Universal remote, which can be used to control the TV and other connected devices.

The Soundbar 500 is one of our newer line of Smart speakers. This is a larger soundbar, which supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Airplay 2 inputs, along with ports for a HDMI ARC connection, or an Optical connection. The Wi-Fi input on the Soundbar 500 also gives the user access to Voice Assistance commands, speaker grouping, speaker adjustments and additional features. This is also compatible with optional accessory speakers, such as the Bose Surround Speakers, or our Wireless Bass Modules 500/700 and the Acoustimass 300 Bass Module.

In terms of audio quality, you will find a better performance from the Soundbar 500 setup - but if you want to test this yourself before committing to a purchase, I would advise that you visit a local store to listen to these soundbars separately before coming to a final decision!

Please get back to me if you have any questions regarding either of these systems, or if you are looking for an alternative!

Liam W