Unable to add Itunes Music Library using Soundtouch

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Unable to add Itunes Music Library using Soundtouch

Hi folks

I am unable to add my macOS iTunes library to SoundTouch. I've gone through all the troubleshooting tips I could find but nothing seems to work. I've disabled firewalls, removed and added the radio, at this stage I'm at a loss.

macOS v10.13.6

iTunes v12.8.2.3

Any ideas to try?

Thanks

-LB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by labuss

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Unable to add Itunes Music Library using Soundtouch

I was able to resolve my issue of not being able to remove the "broken" service.

As I suspected the services you add/create in the SoundTouch app are registered under your Bose/SoundTouch user account on a Bose server.

Basically I started from scratch, removing all SoundTouch software from my iPhone, iPad and Macs. Created NEW Bose/SoundTouch user account on the Bose website. Then I proceeded to install the SoundTouch music system from the beginning. I was then able to add the necessary services and no longer have the "broken" service being displayed.

In the future there should be a method for you access to the settings in a user's Bose/SoundTouch user account.

Thanks

-LB

23 REPLIES 23

Hello labuss,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are having trouble adding your iTunes Music Library to your SoundTouch App. I will try my best to get this up and running for you. 

It's great that you have taken initiative and researched some troubleshooting tips. Would you be able to confirm what else you have exactly tried?

Are you receiving any error codes or messages at all?

Have you configured your iTunes library? Please go to iTunes -> Preferences -> Advanced and ensure that "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" is checked. If it is not, the iTunes library will not be available for SoundTouch.  

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hi Charlotte,

I believe I have the problem narrowed down to an issue in macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra) . The SoundTouch app installs fine and I am able to add my iTunes library as a service running under macOS 10.14 (Mojave) but not 10.13.

When you initially install SoundTouch you are presented with a prompt warning you that the application was downloaded, do you trust it, etc, etc. Of course you click yes and then are presented with the SoundTouch installation wizard. Once the wizard begins the "actual" installation, you are prompted again, I believe from the macOS 10.14.x "GateKeeper" application asking you if it is okay to permit the SoundTouch installer to make some application security changes in the OS. That does not happen under macOS 10.13.x.

If there are instructions on what the SoundTouch application is asking to be modified then I might be able to make the changes myself.

Thanks

-LB

Audible Advocate

Hi Charlotte

In macOS 10.14.x (Mojave) under System Preferences -> Security and Privacy there is an "Automation" category that the SoundTouch installer registers under, with "System Events" selected. This option does not exist under macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra). In addition, installing under macOS 10.13.x I am never prompted to enter my password when installing the software.

I do not know if this is only needed by the installer or the software itself but it is the one difference I noticed between the two installs and the it works perfectly under macOS 10.14.x (Mojave).

Hope this helps.

-LB

Hi there @labuss,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I will see if it's possible to test the same version of Mac you are using here with iTunes.

In the meantime, can I ask that when you try and add the music library, does this prompt you with an error code and number (e.g. "Music library is unavailable" 4203), or does this simply accept the library but not appear as an available source?

Please update me if you can!

Liam W

Audible Advocate

Hi Liam

Thanks for responding.

Under macOS 10.13.x when I go to add iTunes as a service, it basically does nothing, simply returns me to the SoundTouch application. No errors what so ever.

The other oddity is each time I start the Soundtouch application under macOS 10.13.x I continually receive the same prompts as you would at the first time. So it will prompt me to sign in, accept the terms, go through the tour.

This does NOT happen under macOS 10.14.x.

Thanks for your help

-LB

Hello labuss,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues. I would be more than happy to help you with this, can I ask you to check what software version of the SoundTouch app you are running?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Audible Advocate

Hi Zoe

Thank you for any help you can provide.

SoundTouch versions

Interface:  21.0.3

App:  21.0.3

Protocol:  62

running under macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

iTunes  12.8.2.3

The SoundTouch application works great under macOS 10.14.x (Mojave) as well as Windows 10. Does not allow me to add my local iTunes library under macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). It does recognize my iTunes library on my laptop running macOS 10.14.x (Mojave).

Each time I start SoundTouch under macOS 10.13.6 the application behaves like the first time you ran it (asks for login Bose login credentials, Accept Terms, then Tour of the app.

BTW, the "send email when someone responds" feature does not appear to work on here.

Thanks again.

-LB

Hello labuss,

Thanks for getting back to me. Everything appears to be up to date, I would recommend trying to start fresh by removing the SoundTouch and iTunes apps then rebooting your Mac. Then once that's done try downloading them and going through the process again to see if that helps at all.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Audible Advocate

Hi

Are there any special instructions to deinstall SoundTouch from macOS?

Uninstalling iTunes is not an option because of my extensive library of media.

Thanks

-LB