Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Unable to play Audio Book CD

Bose product name Acoustic Wave Music System Model CD-3000

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I have an Audio CD Book (not MP3) published recently (2019). I'm able to play the CDs on my car (2012 model) and on Laptop (2017 model). However it does not play on my Bose CD player (Circa 2002). When I put the CD in, it chugs along like it is reading the tracks and keeps repeating the process and does not give up...waited more than 5 min.

On the Bose CD player I played a CD from the pre-Internet era and it plays perfectly. Obviously the Bose CD player is unable to play new probably digital CDs / Hybrid CDs. On the laptop I see tracks .cda file / CD Audio Tracks. How do I update my system to play newer format Audio CDs?

What options do I have to play modern Audio CDs

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Unable to play Audio Book CD

Hello AnonEthos, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forums. 

I would love to explore this more with you. If you have the Wave Music system, it supports the following disk formats: CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 CD. Could you please check if your audiobook disk is in one of the supported formats? 

Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Thank you for your response.

Specific to your question regarding format: The Audio CD book does not provide any format information. When I insert the disk in a Windows laptop I see files listed as TrackXX.cda. Where XX is from 01 to 29. See attached image.

Here is the link at popular book website and may you are able to glean information. Here is the same book with the book publisher. At both locations I'm not able to find formation information.

Please do let me know if any additional information is required.

AudioCD.JPG

Highlighted

I can confirm Audiobooks are not listed as supported on the CD3000 system. To hear this through the system, you'll need to play it on a device (such as your laptop)  and connect it to the Bose via an RCA connection (AUX IN) stereo L/R to 3.5mm mini-jack cable (to the headphone port on the laptop.)

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Thank you for confirming and providing a work around.

Is it possible to update the firmware to extend the scope of supported formats?