Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 20, 2016

Understanding Presets

I am trying to understand what I can store in a Preset.

I can’t store a Folder. I can’t store a Genre. I can’t store a Plex playlist.

It looks like I can store an single track and an album. Is that it?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Understanding Presets

Hey @SingingEyeTie,

You'll be able to save a variety of things as presets, depending on the service used.

For example, you can one radio station into one preset from TuneIn. For Spotify, you can save one song, album, playlist, artist playlist etc, into one preset. Typically, you'll be able to save a playlist/album/station into a preset.

What services are you looking to stream from with your system? Also, what app are you using for your system?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 20, 2016

Wave Soundtouch IV with MyCloudEx2Ultra NAS

Was using Plex but abandoned it. It was not working with Bose and was causing more trouble. Now using the DLNA media server that comes with the NAS.

I follow adding Spotify, Radio stations etc to presets.

I just noticed that Bose has Playlists now. Is this new?

But when I open Playlists in the Soundtouch app it shows lots music tracks that didn’t create? How do you even create a playlist in the Bose?

Thanks for your help. I have gotten very confused. Went from Twonky to Plex media.

Highlighted

Thank you so much for coming back to us! 

Let me see if I can help clear up any grey areas you might have 😊

You are able to assign presets with your NAS music library music service. The playlists are likely part of the NAS. You will be able to create the playlist in your NAS on your PC or laptop, then sync with the app and you'll be able to see them in the SoundTouch app. 

I can see you have responded in a couple of different threads asking similar questions to this. You can reach out to our team directly for support on a one to one basis to help investigate any issues you may be having. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. They will be more than happy to help you!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 20, 2016

I don’t see how to set up Playlists in the MyCloudEx2Ultra. I have been all over it’s dashboard. So I assume that I set up playlist on a PC.

But I am going around in circles here, so I will go for 1 on 1 support. 

Thanks for your help. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 20, 2016

Sam, I think you are not correct. I cannot save a playlist in a Preset. 

If you say that this can be done, please reply with the steps to do so.

Highlighted

Hey SingingEyeTie, 

Sam is correct, you can store playlists through presets, but the support varies between the source (i.e. Spotify, etc) used. The ability to use NAS drives with playlist will be dependant upon the structure of the associated NAS drive. As there are a large number of third-party NAS drives with corresponding software, I'd be unable to advise how to do this for your particular system. 

I would suggest giving us a call to look deeper into this with you. You can do this by selecting your region here and clicking 'Contact us' on the website. This way the team can remotely look into your set up and see if there is anything we can do to help. 

I am sorry we could not do more via this platform.