Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Update firmware for DAB module

Bose product name AWRCC5

Country UK

Where can I download the software needed to add a DAB module for this?

Thanks

Stuart

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Update firmware for DAB module

Hey Studunbar1,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

The DAB module on your Wave Music system does not require an update - is there a reason you're looking to do this? Are you experiencing issues with your system? If so, I'd be happy to provide the troubleshooting if needed.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Hello, thanks for the reply. I am asking because I wanted to upgrade and so bought a pre-owned DAB module to add to the unit I have. When I connect it to the soundlink input I get no response - it is as if the unit is not recognised. I asked the seller about this and his response was that the software upgrade is needed. It could be that the DAB module is broken and the seller has sold me a dud...

Is there any way I can do a diagnostic test on the soundlink input?

Stuart 

Thanks for clarifying that Studunbar.

What the seller was likely referring to is an update for the Wave Music System itself rather than the DAB module. When the DAB module was initially bought it will have come with an update disc for the radio that enables the use of the DAB module and some other accessories that could be connected to the Wave.

You can check the firmware version on your Wave by following these steps:

1. On the remote control, press and hold the Alarm Time button until -SETUP MENU- appears on the system display
  2. While -SETUP MENU- is displayed, press and hold the 6 button for six seconds until the software version appears below the clock
  3. Press the Alarm Time button to exit the menu.

To be able to use the DAB module, the Wave needs firmware version 02.01.01 or higher. If your firmware is lower than this you would need to get hold of an update disc for the Wave. Given the age of the system sadly we don't manufacture these update discs anymore, but the seller may still have theirs, and if not you may be able to find a 2nd hand one available.

I hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Thanks for the reply. I did what you suggested and the display came up with a long number:

Does this mean I have v01.02.04 ?

I have also managed to purchase another DAB module which has the Wave update CD included.

However when I load the CD it just says it is unplayable.

The CD reads fine in a computer and there is a file on it.....

Stuart

@Studunbar1 Here are some steps to help with using the update disc:

1. If an accessory is connected to the Bose Link jack on the back of your system, disconnect it
  2. On the remote control, press the CD button
  3. On your Wave system, insert the update disc and wait for the update to complete
    Tip: If the update does not start, press the Play button on the remote
  4. When the display shows that the update is complete, eject the disc and reconnect any accessories disconnected in step 1

Updates typically complete within 10 minutes. During this time, various messages might appear on your system display. If the display is blank for more than 10 seconds, press the On/Off button on the remote.

Let me know if you're still unable to complete it.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Thanks for the reply again.

I tried again with the setup disc and it does the same thing- says it is not playable and ejects it.

The disc I have says it is for the Acoustic Wave music system II. I have the Wave CD Radio AWRCC5.

Is that the problem- do I need a different disc?

Thanks

Stuart

@Studunbar1 Yes, that would be the problem! This is a different system I'm afraid. Double-check the model that you have by entering your serial number here. This will ensure that you look for the correct update disc. Remember, it needs to be v02.01.01 or above. 

Best of luck!