Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesRJ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Videowave

I'm unable to find a manual for the original Videowave. Not II, not III. I. Any suggestions or links? The Customer Service line is down due to COVID 19 concerns. I just need diagrams of the ports for setup. It's abit heavy to move around by myself and I'm basically working backwards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Videowave

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I have had a look and am unable to locate one at the moment, but I will keep looking. In the meantime, if you could confirm if the ROKU stick you have is HDMI I'll be happy to give you advice on if you can connect it. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Jessie_O

Hi JamesRJ, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

I'll be more than happy to help you! If you could give me a bit more information about what you're looking to do, I will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
JamesRJ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Thanks for the offer to help. I have one of the Videowave units before they numbered them. In a past setup, I used a ROKU in connection with a blue ray player. WiFi was used to connect through the blue ray unit. Now, the Videowave is near the WiFi point. I'd like to use a ROKU stick. My problem might be eased if I could find a user's manual online. The unit is heavy (!) and I can't be sure of connections. I bought a remote , Harmony 665(?) which seems to be doing what my lost Bose remote did. One success. Are manuals online?

Jessie_O

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I have had a look and am unable to locate one at the moment, but I will keep looking. In the meantime, if you could confirm if the ROKU stick you have is HDMI I'll be happy to give you advice on if you can connect it. 

View solution in original post

JamesRJ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Some good news. I've located a manual so that helps. I'm going to buy the ROKU stick so that should make the last part easy. Thanks for your response. If I run into difficulty I'll respond here. 

JamesRJ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I found a BOSE Video wave controller. It's similar to the original. Mine was all black. This one has silver faces along with black. And I can't get any response from my Videowave. So, I'm tempted to send it back to China. Thoughts? Solutions? I also use Roku.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi JamesRJ,

From what you have described it sounds like you have the Click Pad Remote II, as this had the silver parts, rather than the original Click Pad Remote, which was all black and would have come with the original VideoWaves. The Click Pad Remote II is only compatible with the VideoWave series II and III, you wouldn't be able to use it with a series I VideoWave sadly. If you can return the Click Pad Remote II then I would as it isn't compatible with your system.

I hope this helps.

JamesRJ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Re: Videowave remote

Thanks so much for your reply. I am indeed the unsatisfied holder of an incompatible remote. I'm returning it ASAP. I'll keep my eyes open for the remote that is compatible. My instincts were correct. And again thanks.

JamesRJ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Re: Original Videowave remote

I've returned my incorrect remote. This still leaves me without a remote for the Original Videowave
I've searched eBay and Google. I can only find the later remotes. I'd like to have the original since my aspect ratio setup is off. Please send info to locate one of the original remotes. Thanks.

Sam_F

Re: Original Videowave remote

Hey JamesRJ,

If you'd like to get hold of the replacement remote for your VideoWave, please reach out to support via phone so our teams can help you construct an order. They'll be happy to find the correct part you need - if you provide your serial number this will be a great help!

To find correct contact information, go to Global Contact Page > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. Let us know if you have any difficulty getting through!