Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Wave DAB module is silent on DAB+ stations

I have recently rescanned my Wave III with optional DAB module after some radio stations have swtiched to DAB +.

Some of the stations picked up are silent.

Is there a fix for this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Wave DAB module is silent on DAB+ stations

Hi Robarano,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Wave DAB system. I’ll be happy to help!

Usually, when you do not hear anything on a DAB station, this is due to poor signal. This can be compared to the static that you experience on an FM/ AM station. I would recommend moving the system and trying again, you may find a better signal.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Jessie,

Thank you for the reply.

This is not the case. It is only since some stations moved to DAB+ that they are silent when tuned in. I have recently rescanned the stations due to some stations migrating to DAB+

Is there an update for the Wave system that will fix this?

Regards.

Highlighted

Hi Robrano,

Thanks for following up with us!

With DAB+, the ability to receive these stations is down to hardware rather than software. As the Wave DAB module was designed and manufactured before DAB+ was setup, it does not have the hardware necessary to receive the signal from these stations. Sadly, this isn't anything that could be resolved with an update.

What might be your best bet for this, to make sure you can still access your stations, is replacing the DAB module with something like our Wireless Link Adapter. This doesn't stream stations through DAB signals but does allow you to listen to radio stations over your Wi-Fi network instead, through the SoundTouch app. It would need to be plugged into the AUX-in on the Wave Music System III, and then controlled via the app on a phone, tablet, or computer. It will also allow you to stream to your speaker via Bluetooth and Airplay if you have devices that support this.

I know this probably isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I do hope it helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Thank you for the reply