Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Wave II Radio without CD Player and Bluetooth

Hi there

I got a Bluetooth Adaptor for my Wave Radio II Model AWR1B3. The model has a Bose Link and so I was sure the Bluetooth Adaptor would link in and work.

Unfortunately, the setup instructions require me to hit the CD button on my remote (effectively creating the link with the Bluetooth device and away we go). My remote does not have a CD button.

Is there any other way to activate the BoseLink socket ?

If not, could I purchase a new remote with the CD button and would work for me based on the model I have ?

Many thanks in advance

Niall

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Wave II Radio without CD Player and Bluetooth

Hey Niall, thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community! 

I'd love to help get your Wave Radio II setup with your Bluetooth Adaptor. Could you first please confirm exactly which Bluetooth adaptor you have?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Hi Charlotte

Many thanks for coming back to me.

The Bose Bluetooth Adaptor 

Model No : 351474

Serial No : [Edited by Moderator]

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Niall

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that for us Niall!

With this adapter and the Wave Radio II, you wouldn't need to use any CD button, so the instructions you have found may be for another model of Wave. On the Wave Radio II, once you have connected the adaptor to the BoseLink connection and power, you would want to follow these steps to get it up and running.

• Put the Music Adapter into discoverable mode:
    1. Using the Wave system remote press the AUX button until BLUETOOTH appears on the Wave system display.
    2. Press and hold the Preset 5 button for 5 seconds. The display will flash DISCOVERABLE and the music adapter will flash steadily.
  • "Bose Adapter" should become available in the 3rd party devices available Bluetooth device list.
  • If a passcode is needed, use "0000".
  • If a successful pairing is made, an audible 'beep' will be emitted from the Wave system and BLUETOOTH appears in the display.

I hope this helps!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Hi Keith

I had tried that but when I hold the AUX button down no bluetooth appears. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot the Adapter, maybe it is faulty ?

Many thanks

Niall

Highlighted

Hi Niall,

It could potentially be that the problem is with the adapter, whatever is causing it I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it!

One thing that is definitely worth double-checking is the compatibility of the adapter with your Wave. On the bottom of the Wave will be your serial number, in this serial number is a DOM code that will let us know whether it is compatible with your adapter.

Can you please check the 8th - 11th digits for me? For the adapter to work this would need to be 9293 or later.

Also, when you have the adapter connected to power and the Wave, do you see any response from the LED? If so, could you also please let me know what that is showing for you? Does it change at all when you try and control it with the remote?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Hi Keith

Thanks again for coming back to me.

The Serial No on my Wave is [removed by moderator]

Looks like the adaptor is not compatible with my machine so !

Any alternatives to get Bluetooth on this machine, as the AUX link is poor sound ?

Cheers

Niall

Highlighted

HI Niall,

At this point you would need to look into third party appliances which we can not provide assistance with recommendations. 

If anyone in the community has a resolution or suggestion do get involved!