Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
britgeezer
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2021

Wave III / BT Music Adapter will not pair with iPhone / iPad

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name    Wave III / Music Adapter

Country   US

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)  iPhone 8 and 11, iPad

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce- Will not pair

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Today, Yes

Any troubleshooting steps you took

This combo worked fine until we moved 18 months ago.

Since then it was not used, but all iPhones and iPads were upgraded. eg iPhone 6 to 8 and 11.

Today, I wanted to use the Wave III with Pandora or Spotify but pairing to any "i" product we have will not work. Is there an issue with BT pairing and later iPhones?

I tried all the tips in the various posts without success. The Wave shows BT, the adapter flashes but pairing doesn't happen. 

I read the adapter is no longer available but isn't BT just BT? Is this a Bose issue or iPhone?

1 REPLY 1
Vicky_W

Re: Wave III / BT Music Adapter will not pair with iPhone / iPad

Hello Britgeezer, 

Welcome to the Bose community, thanks for posting. 

Let's see what we can do to get this fixed. A little bit of background on your device, Bluetooth devices typically either transmit or receive via Blueooth. Your product can be a Bluetooth receiver when connected to the accessory Wave SoundLink or Bluetooth adapter. While Bluetooth capabilities can vary by brand and model, most Bluetooth speakers, headphones, TVs and home theater amps are Bluetooth receivers. This means they can receive signal from a Bluetooth transmitter, like a smartphone or computer.

You cannot connect a Bluetooth receiver to another Bluetooth receiver or a Bluetooth transmitter to another Bluetooth transmitter. For example, most TVs only receive Bluetooth, which means they will not connect and transmit sound to Bluetooth speakers or headphones. 

Check out the steps here to get your iPhone's pairing with your speaker. If this does not work, do you have any  Android devices you could try pairing to test if this works at all? I would like to identify where the issue lies. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!