jayeshkumar1976
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Wave III music system - Wifi connection issues

I have tried every method on internet including the Bose forums to get my system connect to WiFi. For some reason, it always goes back to the system setup screen and goes into a cycle. Appreciate if anyone can help. Also, I never get a "Bose system named wifi like they all mention.  Thank you for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Re: Wave III music system - Wifi connection issues

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

The Wave Music System III does not have WiFi capabilities. If you want to use WiFi radio streaming, you can use Bluetooth from your connected WiFi product in order to play this through the Wave Music System III. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
jayeshkumar1976
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

I have the WiFi pedestal and it used to work fine until a few days back. Currently, when I try to connect it always comes back to setup screen with the login screen flashing for a second and vanishing

Charlotte_G

Thanks for confirming this information. That is rather strange but let's try some troubleshooting steps to resolve this.

Could you please start by resetting your system. This can be done by removing the power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting. 

Additionally, could you please tell me what the status of the Wi-Fi indicator on the back of the pedestal is?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jayeshkumar1976
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Thank you. I tried, but nothing works. The Wifi indicator turns amber and then starts blinking blue light. I also get message saying cannot connect to WiFI at times. But WiFi is working fine as I have other equipment like Roku able to connect via WiFi.

Keith_L

Thank you for letting us know how you got on jayeshkumar1976.

As the standard connection process does not seem to be doing the trick for you, the next thing I would recommend you do is a factory reset of the SoundTouch pedestal. This will clear the previous connections to the pedestal and allow you to set it up from the start.

To do this, what you would want to do is:

• On the back of the Wave system, check that the Bose link connection is secure
  • If connected, disconnect the Ethernet cable from the pedestal
  • Disconnect the power cord from the Wave.
  • Press and hold the Control button on the back of the pedestal. While holding it, reconnect the power cord.
  • When the light on the pedestal begins blinking white (about five seconds), release the Control button
  • Wait until the light on the adapter is solid amber. (Note: While resetting, the light will change colors and blink patterns for up to 4 minutes)

Once you have the solid amber light again, reconnect the Wave to your Wi-Fi network using the SoundTouch app.

Please do keep me updated on how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SGN27
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

I have also had this problem with a Wave III.  I have gone through all of the resets, followed the directions, etc.  and cannot complete the setup.  Even though it shows as connected to the network, as soon as the USB is unplugged this message comes up:  "Can't Connect - Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account.  Please try again later."  Have "tried later" numerous days/times, no dice.  The speaker works fine with the CD and over-the-air radio, however, if it can't stream Pandora and internet radio stations, it's no good to me.  Can anyone help?