Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savage966
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2021

Wave IV and internet radio

I just bought Bose SoundTouch IV. Sound is good, CD is fine, radio is fine. BUT. I bought this system hoping that I could play my favorite radio channel from ITunes without having to turn on my computer (I don't have a cell or tablet). After pairing Bose to the wifi, can I have my favorite ITunes internet radio station on a preset so I don't have to turn on my computer? That's the main reason why I bought Bose. If I can't, well, I'll have too return the system. Thanks.

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Wave IV and internet radio

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi Savage, 

The Wave SoundTouch IV accesses Internet Radio stations via TuneIn and the radio player services built into the SoundTouch app. There is no need to use iTunes to access such services.

Is there a specific station you were hoping to access via the Wave?

I'll look forward to your reply.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi Savage, 

The Wave SoundTouch IV accesses Internet Radio stations via TuneIn and the radio player services built into the SoundTouch app. There is no need to use iTunes to access such services.

Is there a specific station you were hoping to access via the Wave?

I'll look forward to your reply.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

savage966
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2021

Where is the SoundTouch ap? As I wrote previously, I do not have a cell phone. I don't want a cell phone. I simply thought that Bose was autonomous and did not need another piece of equipment. 

Tegan_M

You can download the SoundTouch app onto your computer, this will be required if you wish to use online services to your Wave SoundTouch IV.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!