Wave Music/Multi-CD AUX not working with turntable

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Wave Music/Multi-CD AUX not working with turntable

Friends have a Wave Music System with a Multi-CD changer. I'm trying to connect a new turntable to the AUX input on the changer for them. (The turntable's output is set to go through its internal pre-amp.)

With the turntable connected to one of the AUX inputs on the changer and the WMS set to AUX, there's no audio output.

One thing I'm puzzled by: According to the WMS manual, pressing AUX on the remote should display "AUX 1" or "AUX 2" on the WMS display. However, the display is only "AUX" with no digit. Is this part of the problem?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wave Music/Multi-CD AUX not working with turntable

Hello Bill.yeg! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Yes, pressing the Aux button should toggle between the Aux 1 and 2. First check to make sure that your cables are fully seated by removing and re-inserting them. If you are still not getting audio try resetting the system with the following steps:

1. If there are discs in the system, eject them whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the WMS MDC. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. “-PLEASE WAIT-“ will appear in the display. Do not press any buttons on the remote until the message appears
    1. If there is a disc in the WMS that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
    2. If there are discs in the WMS MDC that were not previously ejected, these discs should eject starting with the first occupied slot
      1. If the first disc that ejects is not removed within 10 seconds it will automatically reload and no other discs in the MDC will eject
      2. If the first disc that ejects is removed, the next occupied slot with a disc will eject. Each disc must be pulled out as they eject to retrieve all three discs
  6. Once the “-PLEASE WAIT-“ message disappears, retest the system

Let us know if this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

3 REPLIES

Hello Bill.yeg! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Yes, pressing the Aux button should toggle between the Aux 1 and 2. First check to make sure that your cables are fully seated by removing and re-inserting them. If you are still not getting audio try resetting the system with the following steps:

1. If there are discs in the system, eject them whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the WMS MDC. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. “-PLEASE WAIT-“ will appear in the display. Do not press any buttons on the remote until the message appears
    1. If there is a disc in the WMS that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
    2. If there are discs in the WMS MDC that were not previously ejected, these discs should eject starting with the first occupied slot
      1. If the first disc that ejects is not removed within 10 seconds it will automatically reload and no other discs in the MDC will eject
      2. If the first disc that ejects is removed, the next occupied slot with a disc will eject. Each disc must be pulled out as they eject to retrieve all three discs
  6. Once the “-PLEASE WAIT-“ message disappears, retest the system

Let us know if this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thank you very much, Greg!

You were right to surmise a stuck CD in the MDC. Once it was out, AUX is working as expected.

There was a wrinkle though. The CD didn't eject after a power reset. So I used a piece of tape on the end of a table knife to fish it out. Smiley Happy

Now the MDC displays DISK READ ERROR (or something very similar, I don't remember) whenever a CD is inserted. But my friends are okay with this; they can still play a CD in the WMC, and they're very happy that the turntable works via AUX.

Thanks again! ..Bill..

Hello Bill,

I am glad to hear you got the Wave going again! There may be an issue with the Multi-disc changer if you are getting a disc read error. Should it be a problem, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support for service options. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us".

Happy listening!!

Best Regards,

Greg