Wave Music System III does not connect to WiFi

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer

Wave Music System III does not connect to WiFi

Hi,

I have a Wave Music System III which used work fine, barring the fact that its CD player assembly needed replacement twice.

I have changed my residence and in the new place I cannot connect the  Wave Music System III to the WiFi. I tried to troubleshoot multiple times using the methods given in Bose community, but without any success.

Recntly, I tried to factory reset the SoundTouch pedestal. But the status of the LED does not show the usual path: it blinks white, then goes black and thereafter remain solid white. No display is noticed in the front panel.

The music system plays radio and CD normally.

What else should I try.

Debal Ray

Kolkata, India

-Removed by Moderator-

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Wave Music System III does not connect to WiFi

Hello @raydebal and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with our Wave Music System and would be happy to help where I can.

As you have already tried many of the steps we have around the Community (usually this includes Setup Mode, Factory Reset, trying an Ethernet cable, manually updating and trying Alternate Setup) and are still experiencing the issues with the Wi-Fi connectivity, I would recommend that you reach out to Bose Support directly to have the Wi-Fi pedestal serviced. 

You can do this from This Link, which contains contact information, or This Link which contains the store locator for India.

If you have not attempted one of the steps I have listed and would like the information regarding this, please let me know so I can help you with this 😁!

Additionally, if you have any other questions or updates please get back to me.

Liam W - Community Support

Silent Starter

I have the the same problem/  the wave 3 will not update. Please assist.

Hello,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Wave System III. That's something I would be able to assist you with today, could you tell me what troubleshooting you have tried that has been suggested in this thread or otherwise?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Wistful Whisperer

Dear Mr. Zoe C,

So nice that you wanted to help.

Here are the things I attempted.

1. Set up using mobile phone and computer.

2. Alternate set up

3. Factory reset

Could you suggest anyting else?

Best wishes,

Debal Ray

Hi Raydebal, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

As you have attempted all of the methods that we would suggest to resolve an issue like this and the issue still persists.  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Wistful Whisperer

Hi Hector,

Thank you for your mail.

I contacted customer care yesterday (31/7/19)and the person (Mr Ahmed if I remember correctly) took great care to solve my problem. He was very knowledgeable and painstakingly - through method of elimination - identified that I the problem lies with the settings of my modem.

Such a nice solution that eluded solution for a long time.

Thanks.

Debal Ray

Hi Raydebal, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us to update us on this. 

I am glad to hear that your issue is now resolved and that a member of the team was able to assist you with this! 

If there is anything else that we can assist you with please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Silent Starter

I have a Bose Music System III.  I am looking for a copy of the user manual.  Does anyone know where I can find one?

Audible Advocate

Hi,

Try this link:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/bose_speakers_support/bose_wave_support/wave-music-syste...

and click on English PDF (if English is your language).

Bob