Ducksoup69
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Wave Music System IV - suddenly, low volume on everything

New to the board. I looked in the different categories but couldn't find a true answer to this.

My Wave Music System IV was putting out a decent level at around +5. Suddenly the whole unit got really quiet, and I'll need to turn it up to 40 or so to get the same levels. I have tried resetting the system to factory standards. Nothing works. Volume is low across all modes: radio, CD, etc. A pedestal is attached too.

Any fixes? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Wave Music System IV - suddenly, low volume on everything

Hello Ducksoup69, 

Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with low volume, that's unusual. What's concerning that this seems to not be source-specific.

In terms of troubleshooting, have you tried disconnecting the system from power for a few minutes, then plugged it back in? This engages a reset when it's plugged back in and generally clears out any potential software glitches/bugs that are present.

Where is the system stored? Are the speaker grills damaged/dusty/covered in debris? Has the system been exposed to moisture? 

What volume is it generally used at? 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!