Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Wave Radio DAB module

I live in an area where DAB signals are weak I would like to add an external aerial for DAB reception but I need an adaptor which will enable me to connect the aerial coax to the Antenna input on the DAB module the coax side can be F type, BNC or Belling - Lee any suggestions Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Wave Radio DAB module

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wrecker

Hey Wrecker. There is an older Wave DAB add-on accessory that was previously available, for use with Wave systems. The Wave DAB's antenna impedance is 75 ohms. More info can be found on the corresponding manual. We're unable to comment on third-party systems, but the Community may have their own personal experiences to share with you. All the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi Wrecker,

Thanks for posting and joining us in the community!

If you are looking for an aerial adapter for your DAB module, I would certainly recommend reaching out to your local support team. We do make adapters for the aerials as well as a di-pole aerial that will attach to it without the need for any adapters! You can find their contact information at this link, by choosing your country, then scrolling down to the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I'll put the part codes for this for the UK below, you may find they are different in other countries but your local support will know what to look for!

Antenna - DAB Dipole = 304980-101

FM Antenna Adapter - F-Type = 347579-0010

I hope this helps, let me know!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Sorry I think you missed the point. What I wish to do is feed an external aerial to the Wave Radio DAB module as signal levels in my area Southern UK are too weak for the plug in dipole . So what I am looking for is a coax adaptor to plug into the module to then connect to an external antenna.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Just to confirm what I want to achieve.

DAB signal levels within my house which has very thick stone walls are too low to receive DAB signals

I therefore wish to install an external DAB aerial pointed at my nearest DAB broadcast station.

To do this I need to source a coaxial adaptor to convert the antenna input on the DAB Module to some thing that will mate with the coaxial cable from the outside mounted Aerial.

Can anyone help please?

Highlighted

No worries, thanks for clarifying that for me!

In that case, we don't manufacture anything that you would be able to use to do this. You may be able to find a 3rd party adapter that would be able to do what you are after but I wouldn't be able to say for certain whether this would work.

The connection for the DAB antenna on the Wave is a 2.5mm jack socket, so if you were to look for something to use as an adapter, it would need to have the 2.5mm jack connection to work.

If anyone in the community has had any experience in connecting the Wave to an external DAB aerial it would be great to hear from you! Please do let us know how you got on with this and if you have any recommendations on what to use to get this set up!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Many thanks for the reply

I Had a Guess that might be the answer. I will have to make some form of adaptor up to do the job.

Do you know what the impedence requirements are for the antenna input .I shall be using either 50 ohm or 75 ohm coax if it looking for a 200 ohm balanced imput i will need to make a matching network (balun)?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wrecker

Hey Wrecker. There is an older Wave DAB add-on accessory that was previously available, for use with Wave systems. The Wave DAB's antenna impedance is 75 ohms. More info can be found on the corresponding manual. We're unable to comment on third-party systems, but the Community may have their own personal experiences to share with you. All the best.

View solution in original post