Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Wave SoundTouch IV CD player broken

I own a Wave SoundTouch IV with CD. Tried many different CDs and after a few seconds of “Reading Disc” the system displays “Not Playable”. I have done full system resets followed by AC power and pedestal unit disconnection well for well over two minutes as suggested in other threads. These actions do not resolve the error. The system is well out of warranty. If I purchase a new Wave Music System IV with CD, will it be compatible with the original Wifi pedestal unit?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Wave SoundTouch IV CD player broken

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry to hear that you're unable to get any of your CDs to play. Thanks for already looking into great troubleshooting. 

Did these same CDs you're testing used to work? Have you recently moved the placement of your system?

As for replacing your Wave IV, it is not possible to purchase another Wave to attach to your pedestal, this will not be compatible.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

I have the exact same issue with the same readout messages when I try to play a CD: "Reading disc," then "Not playable." I've tried all the options noted. How do I get my Bose repaired? It was purchased in 2015. (PS: I was on hold with the call centre today for 45 mins without a response. Likewise tried the WhatsApp number and no one has yet contacted me; it's been over an hour since the system said it was connecting me to a live agent.) HELP PLEASE! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

I have this problem too. Radio is fine, but CD player sometimes won't play at all, and sometimes starts and stops. The system is well over 10 years old. Do they have a limited lifespan? Is it worth paying £104 for a repair? Is it likely to develop further faults at this age?