Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Wave SoundTouch with Hardwire Speakers

We recently purchased the Wave SoundTouch music system.  We plan on using this for our receiver.  It will replace an older receiver where the speakers are hardwired into the receiver.

We would like to continue to use our older hardwired speakers with the Wave SoundTouch music system.  But we cannot figure out how to connect the hardwire speakers to this system.  Can you please let us know if there is an adapter available that will allow us to use the current speakers.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Wave SoundTouch with Hardwire Speakers

Hello Danadonze, 

We'll happily see if there are any options available to this. 

What model receiver and hardwired speakers do you own?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 17, 2020

The current receiver is a TEAC.  Speakers are Jamo.  Both are old.  The Soundtech system is replacing the old TEAC receiver.  I fact, the TEAC doesn’t work at all any more.  Just want to try and get some more life out of the speakers using the Soundtouch, if possible.

Highlighted

Thank you for clarifying, @Danadonze.

The Wave SoundTouch system will not be able to power your TEAC passive speakers and does not have the correct connections available, meaning it would not be appropriately suited to be a receiver. There are other better-suited systems we offer for your requests such as the SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier - have you heard much about this unit? I think this is much better suited to your needs, as you'll be able to hardwire your TEAC speakers into the amplifier, which can then be used with the SoundTouch service for streaming.

You can read more about the system HERE - let me know if you have any questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.