Murat Bogatur
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Wave Soundtouch IV FM channels preset

Hello,

Recently I had a brandnew Bose Wave Soundtouch System IV as a goft from my sister in low living in US.

I am living in Turkey and we realised that the FM tuning standards vary between US and Europe. 

US FM stations only use channels ended up with odd numbers.

But in our country FM stations are in line with european standards and use both but mostly the ones with even nembers.

but the devices bought from US only show and give the opportunity to tune with odd numbers. I cannot even see the fm channles edding up with even numbers on the screen, say 100.00 - 96.2 - 97.4 etc...

So can you please help me how can I solve this issue and could be able to tune and preset the fm channels using the European standards?

Would it be possible to overcome this issue by mounting or plugging and extetnal extra device or with an software update?

thanks and regards?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wave Soundtouch IV FM channels preset

Author Accepted Answer selected by Murat Bogatur

Hi there, and welcome to our Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the tuning difficulties you've had here. I can confirm that the EU variants of the system do tune correctly to both odd and even numbers on stations.

Whilst there is no way to change the firmware or use a device to change this on a US-made system, you may still be able to access all the stations you're after through the internet radio services on the Tune-In app.

If you have the product setup on the app, you should be able to use the "Tune-In" or "RadioPlayer.com" services in the app to search for the name of the stations you want to listen to, if they are available on those platforms.

Otherwise, I would advise that you reach out to support in Turkey to see if they can assist you in any other ways.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of further assistance!

Liam W - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Murat Bogatur

Hi there, and welcome to our Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the tuning difficulties you've had here. I can confirm that the EU variants of the system do tune correctly to both odd and even numbers on stations.

Whilst there is no way to change the firmware or use a device to change this on a US-made system, you may still be able to access all the stations you're after through the internet radio services on the Tune-In app.

If you have the product setup on the app, you should be able to use the "Tune-In" or "RadioPlayer.com" services in the app to search for the name of the stations you want to listen to, if they are available on those platforms.

Otherwise, I would advise that you reach out to support in Turkey to see if they can assist you in any other ways.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of further assistance!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Murat Bogatur
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Hi there, It wa quite helpful indeed, thanks for your kind interest and support,

Regads,

Murat