Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Wave Soundtouch IV clock

I've had a Wave SoundTouch IV for two years and the clock has never kept accurate time. A solution offered on the community, to switch from line to crystal, does nothing to fix the issue. There are several other posts about the clock's inaccuracy that have not received any replies. Is there another solution than switching from line to crystal, or shall I just conclude that Bose is in incapable of producing a clock as good as my 25 year old, $5, Casio travel clock?

It seems like utter incompetence to make an expensive music player, with alarm clock features, that can't keep time. Sorry to be cranky, but I've been swearing at my really expense useless alarm clock for 2 years now (while occasionally trying to find a solution).

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Wave Soundtouch IV clock

Hello mcsindigo, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I would love to assist you, but I will need some more details. Are you able to set the correct time on your clock? If so, once set does it lose or gain time? Also, how long does this take for it to change? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Hi there,

Yes I can change the time. I can also change from line to crystal and back. The unit loses time, a minute or two a week, I would guess.

Highlighted

@mcsindigo, thanks for confirming that for us! Have you tried a different power outlet at all? I ask as time is fundamentally generated by the AC frequency (mains power). This is also discussed here

I look forward to your reply. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Yes, I've tried different outlets, same result. It hasn't kept time since I bought it.

Highlighted

I see, can you please try manually updating the speaker and let me know if this helps at all? It seems really strange that this is happening so frequently. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

There are no updates available.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Hi again,

I replied to your message yesterday—that no updates are available. Just not sure if you got my message.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this mcsindigo,

As your issue still persists, I would recommend reaching out to your regional customer support team via this link here. They will be able to assist with exploring service options for your system. 

Sorry that this wasn't something we could resolve via the Community. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

That link you supplied me just takes me on a goose chase that dumps me back at the community. There is no option for my problem and so I can't submit a question/concern, no way to contact anyone, and just links me to a page for posting to the community.