Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Wave Soundtouch MS IV SLV Disc Skipping

Hello,

I have a Bose Wave Soundtouch MS IV SLV. One year in ownership CD player began to skip while playing. Usually only on the first track. I sent it to Bose and they fixed it. 14 months later the same problem reappears again. The CD player is skipping while playing again on the first track. I have called Bose and they seem to be familiar with the problem and they told me that it would cost $99 to fix it.

Frankly, I am disappointed, this is the second time the same problem reappears in a little more than in a year. I have 20 years old CD players that still play without any problems any discs I put in. I have not intention to pay $99 to Bose to fix the same problem once a year.

Has anybody else had this problem? I read this board and I tried troubleshooting. I tried cleaning the CD player, I did a factory reset. Any recommendations?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Wave Soundtouch MS IV SLV Disc Skipping

Hi Ellan, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be having with your Wave system. 

I would recommend a CD lens cleaner. This should clean the internal mechanism of the system and help play your CDs. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!