Wave Soundtouch - No Sound

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Wave Soundtouch - No Sound

I am not getting any sound out of my wave soundtouch.  I can see on the front the text showing what music is playing but only a hum on the speaker.  I have reloaded/rebooted everything and reconnected to the internet.  I am out of options.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Wave Soundtouch - No Sound

Hi Caser41,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with audio on our Wave system. I'd love to help. 

Can you confirm if you are experiencing the no audio on all your sources? CD, Radio, and Soundtouch?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Karri.  Thanks for the quick reply.  First off I love my Bose! I have sound on the radio & CD.  It is only the Soundtouch.  It is connected to internet.  It shows the song that is playing etc.  All I get is a hum...

Caser41 (Joe)

Hi Joe, 

Thanks for coming back to me! 

I would recommend making sure the cable from the pedestal to the Wave is connected correctly. If it is please have a look at the connection and make sure all the pins look correct and are not damaged. 

Do you have a Bluetooth enabled Wave Sound Touch? If so please connect via Bluetooth and see if you have the same issue. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Quiet Contributor

Kerri.   I have checked all the pins etc.  Everything is ok.  Frustrating.  I am going to step away from this for a little while and then when I return I will do another factory reset...  

Hi Caser41, 

Thank you for confirming this. 

I completely understand, Let us know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O

Silent Starter

I am having the same issue, no sound, after resetting, unplugging, all to no avail. I believe it could be during setup, my Wifi does not recognize Bose and will not connect to it, says it is an unsecured network. Everything else looks fine, but no sound.  Any solution for this?

Hi AudreyM, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have already attempted. 

Can you please confirm the color of the LED that you are seeing on the back of the Pedestal? I would recommend that you reboot your router by disconnecting the Router from power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting it to power. Once that has rebooted please attempted to set the system up again. 

Can you please also confirm if you have a dual band router or if you have any Wi-Fi boosters, repeaters or extenders? 

Thanks, 

Hector B

Quiet Contributor

I have taken all the steps.  I have attempted to connect through wifi, usb, ethernet to no avail.  The closest I can get is when I attempt to connect using wifi the yellow light comes on but no instructions on the panel and no bose network.  I think after 5 years I may have a 'brick' named Bose.  

Hi Casear, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

If your system is not broadcasting the SoundTouch Network, I would recommend resetting the system. 

You can do this by unplugging the system, waiting for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kindest,

Jessie O