Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Wave Soundtouch will not stay connected and app can't find speaker.

Just bought a Wave SoundTouch IV and spend 5 hours today trying to make it work. Wifi is within 10 feet.

I've tried to set it up via the controller app on Android using Wifi, but even after a successful setup, the phone constantly searched for the speakers. Never finds them. Tried using an ethernet cable, no better. So then I setup the speakers using the app connected via USB to a computer on a Mac. Light is always solid white indicating a connection, yet the phone app never finds it (even though the speaker name is in the app). Phone and radio are on same Wifi network. After trying for 5 hours, I've played around w/ many combinations.

The app is terrible to say the least. When trying to reconnect a speaker, at the point of asking whether to connect to Wifi or Ethernet, it also says below that "Speaker already connected to network". Click on that, and no speaker is found. So was one connected or not?

Tried directly connecting to the radio via it's hosted web page, and the page just flickers quickly as if it's trying to show something, looks like a form, but can't make it out. Of course there is nothing about this in the documentation. Tried 3 different browsers on each of android, mac, and linux, same results.

After turning the power off to the radio and plugging it back in, I have to press the button on the back to enable Wifi, it goes solid Amber. Then I try to connect via the app, it can't find the speaker, then I look at the light and it's solid white.  I see there's an IP leased to the SoundTouch on my router, yet the phone app can't find it.

Incredibly disappointed in this radio. When it comes to networking, Bose has no idea what they're doing.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Wave Soundtouch will not stay connected and app can't find speaker.

Hi there, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Wave Radio. 

I would recommend resetting the radio. You can do this by unplugging the system for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. I would also suggest doing this on your router. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Thanks for the reply, though I find it funny to think I wouldn't have tried those things. But not your fault. Anyways, after another day of trying to make things work, I returned it for another product that actually does work.

Thanks,

Highlighted

I am sorry to hear this. If you need any assistance in the future, we would love to help!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.