Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Wave System will not play

I have a Wave System which is approx 10-15 years old and is in pretty good condition, it has suddenly decided to stop playing either radio or cd

The display is clear and bright and I can change/set the time and move the volume up and down, the remote has a new battery

When trying to turn the radio on, showing just the time, the screen just flashes and shows 'please wait', the CD will accept and reject a disc but will not play

It has been in the kitchen for some time and I wonder if the environment has caused a problem or whether it's just an age thing, I know how it feels ......

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has had the same problems or can suggest the cause and whether it is actually repairable

Thanks for any help

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Wave System will not play

Hey Ken55, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Wave system. I'll be happy to help! 

I would recommend that you reset the system. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this. 

I look forward to hearing how it went!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Hi Jessie

Thanks for your welcome and response, I've tried both resets and have made no ground at all, everything, unfortunately, has stayed exactly as it was in my original post 

Highlighted

I'm sorry this hasn't improved Ken55. 

The only other thing that we can suggest for you is a CD lens cleaner. Run this a few times to clean the internal mechanism. 

If this is unsuccessful you may need a service. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. This will put you in touch with your local technical support team for assistance. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Great help from "support"

Send us £104

Thanks a million for all that support