Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Wave cd

Bose wave radio cd won’t play cds
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Wave cd

Hello Pettyt69,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community! 

I am so sorry to hear that your wave system will no longer play CDs, but I would love to try and get this resolved for you. 

So that I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please inform me with which Wave system you have? If you are unsure, please use THIS LINK to help you identify your product. 

When you try to play CDs on your Wave system does any error messages appear on the screen?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tegan M - Community Support

srudin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

I have a Bose Wave Radio/CS player, model AWRC-1G and serial # [Edited by moderator] .  CD's will no longer work.  I have reset the machine and tried numerous CDs.  I can hear the CD spinning but the CD will not play.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Hello Srudin, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that your first post here is of a negative issue, but I would love to try and help. To start with, can I please ask: 

• Have you tried the CD's that you are using in another machine to see if they work? 
  • Can you see any build up of dust in the CD dock? If so can you please gently wipe this off with a clean cloth and no chemicals or water. 
  • What can you see on the screen when you are trying to play the CD? 
  • Does the Radio still work on the system? 
  • When you say you have reset the speaker, what steps have you completed? 

I very much look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

srudin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Please see my answers to your questions below!

• Have you tried the CD's that you are using in another machine to see if they work?  Yes and they work perfectly fine.
  • Can you see any build up of dust in the CD dock? If so can you please gently wipe this off with a clean cloth and no chemicals or water. I could not see any buildup but I did, as instructed, and wiped with a clean cloth.
  • What can you see on the screen when you are trying to play the CD?  THe time and the CD track #.
  • Does the Radio still work on the system? Yes.
  • When you say you have reset the speaker, what steps have you completed? 

Hi Srudin, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B