Highlighted
Josue Ortiz
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 12, 2019

Wave iii soundtouch wifi ok but can not connect my Bose account

I just got wave iii soundtouch base station. I was able to connect to my WiFi and use the airplay connction but I can not link the system to my Bose Account. I have tried the reset procedures several times. I have on my network several soundtouch systems (10, 20, 30, adapter and sa5) some wired and other WiFi that are working ok. EE7C45A6-4540-470B-9091-C2C55F45CE70.pngSystem found8EFD8538-DFDB-4E5B-86D5-BB498EBF693B.pngError to link to my Bose account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wave iii soundtouch wifi ok but can not connect my Bose account

Author Accepted Answer selected by Josue Ortiz

Hello Josue, 

Welcome to the Bose Community forum and thank you for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your Wave SoundTouch system's pedestal, I'd be happy to assist you with setting up. 

The screenshots you have provided suggest that the speaker is already connected to your network as it appears as an available device that you can set up, so what we need to establish is why the connection is not able to form. 

I can see you are performing setup on an iPad. Does this have cellular data alongside standard WiFi? If so, please go to settings > Cellular Data > and disable WiFi Assist, as this can have a detrimental effect on setup.

Additionally, if you haven't already done so, please fully factory reset the pedestal to setup fresh. I have included instructions below. 

To restore factory defaults of the SoundTouch pedestal, follow these steps:

Ensure that the SoundTouch pedestal cable is inserted into the Bose link connector

Disconnect the system from power

Press and hold the Control button on the back of the SoundTouch pedestal

While pressing and holding the Control button, reconnect power

Hold the Control button for five seconds until the LED Status indicator is blinking white.

After releasing the Control button, the SoundTouch pedestal will take approximately 3-4 minutes to reset to factory defaults. During this time you will see a number of LED statuses, including blinking white, solid white, blinking orange, and no LED. 

After 3-4 minutes the LED will continuously blink orange and is now completely factory reset and in initial setup mode.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Bose Community

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Josue Ortiz

Hello Josue, 

Welcome to the Bose Community forum and thank you for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your Wave SoundTouch system's pedestal, I'd be happy to assist you with setting up. 

The screenshots you have provided suggest that the speaker is already connected to your network as it appears as an available device that you can set up, so what we need to establish is why the connection is not able to form. 

I can see you are performing setup on an iPad. Does this have cellular data alongside standard WiFi? If so, please go to settings > Cellular Data > and disable WiFi Assist, as this can have a detrimental effect on setup.

Additionally, if you haven't already done so, please fully factory reset the pedestal to setup fresh. I have included instructions below. 

To restore factory defaults of the SoundTouch pedestal, follow these steps:

Ensure that the SoundTouch pedestal cable is inserted into the Bose link connector

Disconnect the system from power

Press and hold the Control button on the back of the SoundTouch pedestal

While pressing and holding the Control button, reconnect power

Hold the Control button for five seconds until the LED Status indicator is blinking white.

After releasing the Control button, the SoundTouch pedestal will take approximately 3-4 minutes to reset to factory defaults. During this time you will see a number of LED statuses, including blinking white, solid white, blinking orange, and no LED. 

After 3-4 minutes the LED will continuously blink orange and is now completely factory reset and in initial setup mode.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Bose Community

Josue Ortiz
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 12, 2019

Jeff,

Procedure finally worked, but not at first time. I tried several times but never got the yellow continous indicator. I tried to update the firmware, installation process achieved 98% but after 24 never completed. I pulled out the USB and re do your reset procedure; this tiem I got the yellow continous and was able to complete the set up process.

Than you.

Josue.