IOM listener
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Wave music quality poor when streaming

Bose product name Wave

Country United Kingdom

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I currently use my wave system in the kitchen and have my TV pugged into the aux input for the better quality sound. I originally tried to use the headphone output from the TV but it sounded dreadful but with a bit of experimentation I discovered that by plugging in both Headphone output and an output from the scart plug ( Yes it's an old flatscreen TV) through an old record player pre-amp switch box the sound from the TV was pretty good, strangely the pre-amp needs no power for this to work whether it is batteries or via a mains transformer, so go figure!

Now, as time has progressed I have my TV equiped with a Google Chrome cast so I can watch BBC I player etc which again the sound seems fine, the problem is when I cast music to the TV to listen on my bose, the quality is not as good as I have been used too. It is as if the left and right channnels are fighting against each other and neither are winning.

I am willing to purchase some gismo that may sort out this issue, if anyone knows what it might be.

What environment do you experience the issue in? Kitchen

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Since I installed the google chromecast I have never had the same quality of music that I would get using the CD/Radio or even TV Aux input

Any troubleshooting steps you took