Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Wave music system iv

Why am I unable to play music from ITunes library from my iPad?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Wave music system iv

Hi Dumpling, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with iTunes on your iPad. 

Are you able to play music from a different device?

Are you able to play other sources?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

I can play my iTunes library from my computer.  Can not access my library from my iPad.  Can play radio stations via iPad.

Highlighted

Hey @Dumpling,

Have you been able to play from your iTunes library using your iPad in the past? It's likely because the iTunes library is local to your computer and therefore can be accessed through the computer SoundTouch app. Whereas, on your iPad, you do not have the same direct access to your iTunes files.

However, if you've been able to play your iTunes library using your iPad, let me know and we can look into things further.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Only just purchased the system.  Haven’t been able to sync iTunes library to iPad, only computer

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that Dumpling!

When you are trying to access the library while on your iPad, is your computer turned on? With the iTunes library in the SoundTouch app, it does read the information from your computer, if your computer is off or in standby/sleep mode, it won't be able to access the files it needs to play the music. You will need to have your computer on to be able to access the music while on your iPad.

If you can make sure your computer is turned on, and try accessing the library on your iPad then you will be able to play from the music library!

I hope this helps!