Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Wave radio died

We left the house Saturday morning and all was well. Returned Sunday and my Bose Acoustic Wave Radio was showing all the characters on the display. I searched the knowledge base and attempted a reset. The only thing that changed was one set of lights went out when the battery pack was out of the unit.  

Next I tried to submit a return only to find that when I listed the S/N it couldn’t be found. I’ll admit that this is a first generation AWR but Bose has been great about past repairs of my outdoor 251 speakers so I was surprised that the S/N wasn’t recognized. 

My question is twofold; First, does Bose still service these old items and second, since there was no avenue to continue the repair submission without the S/N, or is there? Do I need to call support?  I suppose I would also listen to advice for an at home fix as well! 

Thanks

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 REPLY 1

Re: Wave radio died

Hello Golfdmd, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. If you have tried all troubleshooting steps as mentioned here, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your system. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

As this is a peer to peer based support forum, we would be unable to confirm which options would be available to you at this time, but your local support team can confirm this for you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!