dittogoose@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Wave radio with CD player

I have a Bose Wave radio with CD player it will work fine for 2 or 3 weeks then it just stops working... I unplug it for 2 or 3 days and it will work again for a bit then stop again... Any suggestion?? 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Wave radio with CD player

Hello, 

thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wave system. 

When you say it stops working, does it completely fail to establish power/display/audio? Or is it just certain functions such as the CD player? 

I'll be interested to hear from you. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
dittogoose@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Hello, when the wave quits working it is just as if you unplug the power cord.. does nothing...2 or 3 days later plug it back in work fine again for a couple days to a couple weeks... 

Hi there, thanks for following up and clarifying here 😊.

I'd be happy to find out exactly what's happening here for you.

Firstly, does this happen if another power cable and/or power port is used?

Secondly, do you think that this issue coincides with anything, such as any kind of power outage in your local area?

As an additional question, can I ask if this is constantly left playing, or if you come back to this to find that it's just unplayable?

Please let me know when you can!

Liam W

dittogoose@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

dittogoose@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Hello Liam thank you your reply.. this happen when it is plugged in to the original power cord the only thing that I have ever plugged it in with I do not think it is a coincidence and has happened several times and it is always when I am listening to it it just quits like it loses all power unplug for 2 or 3 Days plug it back in and it might work for a day it might work for a week it might work for a month but it'll do it again

Hello, 

Thanks for getting back to us with this information. 

If you pull the power and plug it straight back in, is there any change?

If you do the same but wait 2 minutes before reattaching the power, do you get the same results?

Should this not solve the issue, please do contact your local customer service team to discuss service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

dittogoose@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Hello, no to both of the questions.. It has to be unplugged for several days before it will come back on

Hello DittoGoose, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this instance, I would suggest reaching out to your local support center and seeing what they can do to assist you. 

You can do this using the steps provided by @Charlottle_G in the previous message. 

I am sorry that we were unable to assist more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W