Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

Wave sound system wont pair, cant connect to WIfi,

Speaker was fine and a week ago i went to listen to spotify and i was unable to connect. I have reset it to the manufacturers state. Still will not pair to my iphone 8S, cant connect to wifi.  When i press the control button, the wifi light does not come on. i have powered down the system, disconnected from the electrical outlet, powered down my iphone, rebooted the wifi several times.  I am able to pair to other devices with my phone. also the Bose server does not show up on my list of wifi networks to click on. I have tried everything and am loosing my mind as tow hy all of a sudden it does not want to work. PLease help me as i miss listening to my music. i have checked the battery in my remote and it is 100%. Dont know what else to do HELP

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Re: Wave sound system wont pair, cant connect to WIfi,

i have exactly the same issue, will not pair, have tried everything (including full reset/unplugging etc. Essentially,  the wifi light in the back turns orange when control button is pressed, but the wifi light at front will jot turn on and there is no connection to Bose wifi, it just hangs, i think the wifi hardware for connection is faulty- please advise

Highlighted

Hello Midnitewind, 

Welcome to the community. 

I am so sorry that you are facing connection issues. Let's get this fixed. Can I please ask which Wave you have? Typing our serial number into here will let you know. Once I have this information I can help further as each system has different troubleshooting. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Hi have a "Wave Sound touch music System IV", model 417788-WMS, pedestal base is model 412534-$MR, serial number (I think) is code posted below QR code)

- Edited by a moderator

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that for me! There are some great steps on this thread here to get this sorted. Should these not work, check out the steps on this page here

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

i put the serial number in the link u said.  as we were told not to add serial numbers into the body of the chat