EddieGX
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Wave sound touch dead after manual update!! Please help!!!

Hi guys,

I had toruble connecting my wave sound touch to my new PC after not using it for a year. Everything was working but i got some messages like could connect to your account and stuff like that... I read the threads and reseted the sound touch and I figured it needed an update. So I chose the

IP version through my browser. Update stopped after about 20% and wave soundtouch switched off. Now my pc doesnt even recognize it

when its connected via USB. i tried to put update on a stick, but update doesnt start updating at all after the PLEASE WAIT message

What should i do???

Eddie

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Wave sound touch dead after manual update!! Please help!!!

Hi there @EddieGX , and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've started experiencing with you Wave SoundTouch and would be happy to help!

When you perform this direct IP update, there is an update file for the Wave SoundTouch, and the Wave Soundtouch IV.

To ensure that I am providing you with the correct advice, can I ask what version of the Wave you have? This would be written on all of the model information on the underneath of the Wave system.

Please get back to me when you can to confirm this!

Liam W - Community Support

EddieGX
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

HI, i HAVE A WAVE SOUND TOUCH WITH A WAVE III RADIO, SO NOT IV VERSION, AND I USED THE STU FILE ACCORDINGLY

Eddie

Hi EddieGX, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. Can you please confirm which screen you see once you attempt the DirectIP method? 

To correctly perform this please follow these steps: 

• Download the software update file for the system
  • On your computer, open an Internet browser, go to www.bose.com/support
  • Select your product and click the "Manually updating your SoundTouch system" help article link
  • Use the appropriate download link in the article to obtain the update file for your system
  • When prompted, click Save to save the Update.stu file to your computer's desktop (Note: If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Look for the Update.stu file in the footer or header of the browser window, or in the Downloads folder)
  • Determine the direct IP address of the system in one of the following ways:
    • Via the SSI
    • If the system is on the home network but not on a SoundTouch account, in the app go to Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > ADD SPEAKER > It is already connected
    • If the system is on their SoundTouch account, in the app go to Menu > Settings > About > [System Name] > IP ADDRESS
  • Open a browser and type the IP address followed by 17008/update.html
  • Select Choose File and browse the computer for the Update.stu file saved earlier. (The top of this screen displays what version of the software is currently installed. The final seven digits as shown below are translated as 2.1.55)
  • Select Upload. A progress bar will appear in the browser window and a matching progress bar (or percentage) on the system's display

If the browser returns to the initial system setup screen, the update has failed. The wrong update file may have been used. Please access the download site and try again.

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

EddieGX
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Hi Hector,

unfortunatelly thats not possible. My pc doesnt see the sound touch as a peripheral and sound touch app does but i cant get nowhere near setting it up (ad speaker)

There is a "problem with a usb connection" after a minute of the app trying to hook it up, which there isnt....

I tried a stick again but nothing happens, no update

Eddie

Highlighted

Hi EddieGX, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. As we aren't able to progress further with this I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am deeply sorry that I wasn't able to provide you with a solution via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B