FreiGuy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Wave system displays “Please Wait” after power outage

I have an AWRCC1 Bose Wave system.  I had an Amazon Echo Dot plugged into the Aux port.  We had a power outage during a storm.  After the power came back on.  The time is displayed on the Wave, but I can’t select FM/AM, CD, or AUX.  every time I push a button on the remote, I get a “Please Wait”.  I’m able to change the time, change the volume (nothing plays however).  I’ve changed the battery in the remote, I’ve left the unit completely unplugged from the Dot and from AC power for 3 days.  My unit doesn’t have a 9Volt battery in the bottom so there must be a capacitor that keeps track of the time etc. after a power outage.   I even went into the setup menu and did a reset.  Still no luck.  I would love some help.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Wave system displays “Please Wait” after power outage

Hello FreiGuy, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wave Music System after a recent power outage. 

Please check to see if there is anything connected to the BoseLink port on the back of the Wave. If there is, please disconnect it.

If this fails to resolve the issue, please reach out to support in your country to discuss service. 

For anyone else in the community, if you are having similar issues, please try the same and feel free to discuss. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support