mancinoa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Wavr Radio IV Please Update

I have a Wave Radio IV, model 417788-WR that is 4 yrs old, but hardly used. 

The display says "Please Update". Tried unplugging and plugging back in, but still says "Please Update". Called Customer Service and they said I would need to send the radio back for service. 

I find it hard to believe that Bose would design a product that needs to be sent back for updates.

Anyone have any advice on how I can get this working? No CD player. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Wavr Radio IV Please Update

Hello Mancinoa, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry but there is no way for us to update the system remotely. You would need to send us the system to update. Resetting the system should make the message disappear and enable you to use the system. I would like to ensure that we are performing the reset process correctly. The steps are as follows:

• Power off your product.
  • On the remote, press and hold the Alarm Setup button until -SETUP MENU- is displayed.
  • Press the Tune > button repeatedly until RESET ALL is displayed.
  • Press the Time + button to select YES.
  • While PRESS 3 TO CONFIRM appears on the system display, press the number 3 button. 

If you have any questions, please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
mancinoa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Those instructions did not fix the issue. 
Can I bring the unit to a Bose store? How do I send it back for Update? 

Highlighted

Hello Mancinoa, 

Stores do not handle service. 

I would recommend getting in touch with local support to discuss service. Details can be found here.

Thanks,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.