Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

bluetooth not discoverable

Hi, I have a Wave Music System purchased July 2010.  I also have a Bose bluetooth adaptor but cannot get this to work.  I cannot get the sytem to show as discoverable. Are you able to please assist.

underlined part of the serial number is C9281. Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: bluetooth not discoverable

Hi Liz29, 

Thanks for posting! 

Sorry to hear you're having issues setting up your Bluetooth adapter. 

Have you successfully used it in the past? Have you used any other accessories with the system recently? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

Hi I have just been given the adaptor and have not used it in the past.  I have pressed preset 6 to wipe any previous pairings and used both CD and AUX and preset 5 and had no luck.  Is it compatible with me Wave system?

Thanks for confirming this for us!

Can you confirm if the below image is of your Bluetooth adaptor?

Following this, can you also confirm for me your Wave's Firmware version?

• On the remote control, press and hold the Alarm Time button until -SETUP MENU- appears on the system display
  • While -SETUP MENU- is displayed, press and hold the 6 button for six seconds until the software version appears below the clock
  • Press the Alarm Time button to exit the menu.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

Thanks so much for your reply - the number that came up is 020 1000 730 1332.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

Yes i confirm that picture is the adaptor that I have.

Thanks for confirming this Liz29. 

So I would recommend that we update the system via following these steps below: 

• If an accessory is connected to the Bose Link jack on the back of your system, disconnect it
  • On the remote control, press the CD button
  • On your Wave system, insert the update disc and wait for the update to complete. (Tip: If the update does not start, press the Play button on the remote)
  • When the display shows that the update is complete, eject the disc and reconnect any accessories disconnected in step 1

Updates typically complete within 10 minutes. During this time, various messages appear on your system display. If the display is blank for more than 10 seconds, press the On/Off button on the remote.

Once you have done this please attempt to connect your device to your system again. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

Thanks but where do I get the update disc?

The Wave Music System needs to be on firmware version 030101 - this brings support for the accessory SoundLink adapter. 

To determine the software version:

1. On the remote control, press and hold the Alarm Time button until -SETUP MENU- appears on the system display
  2. While -SETUP MENU- is displayed, press and hold the 6 button for six seconds until the software version appears below the clock
  3. Press the Alarm Time button to exit the menu.

Can you please check to confirm which version your system is running?

Thanks.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

Hi As per message 5 above the firmware version number is 020 1000 730 1332.

I was told I would need to update date this using a disc but I do not know how to get the disc - can you help?

Thanks.